Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jansen-Pro Bowl Frame of Time Running Out?

method man

Remember, the probowl has become a popularity contest. Remember how several players from the redskins over the past 2 years have been looked over for guys like Mike Vick who Brunell clearly out performed, but isn't as "FLASHY". Media Hype seems to have a big effect on the Probowl and because of the Media's great love for Mr. Snyder and Our beloved Redskins, I think we will continue to have players who are much better players get snubbed for guys who are media darlings. Just my $0.02 worth.

but dont forget jansen is lucky to have randy thomas in his side

samuels has dockery who is crappy

Samuels and Dockery were the best tackle Guard tandem in football according to KC Joyners scientific method of determining the strength of the offensive line.

Im stating my opinion that happens to be fact. Jansen is a devastating run blocker but is a mediocre at best pass blocker. In this day and age in the NFL for a tackle to get a Pro Bowl appearance he better play with a Prow Bowl QB and he better excel in Pass Protection.

Wow. The guy plays the entire season with two broken thumbs and is critiqued as being mediocore in pass blocking as a reward.

I suspect that most of the critics here wouldn't even try to open a can of beer with two broken thumbs.

But, what the hell, that is what the internet is for. Gives everyone a chance to play the fool.

Wow. The guy plays the entire season with two broken thumbs and is critiqued as being mediocore in pass blocking as a reward.

I suspect that most of the critics here wouldn't even try to open a can of beer with two broken thumbs.

But, what the hell, that is what the internet is for. Gives everyone a chance to play the fool.

Calm down TITO. no need to name call. Even before his two broken thumbs he was never Excelled in Pass Protection he has always been a grinder and an anchor for running the ball. :cheers: "don't have a heart attack"

It's funny how people only read the part of a post that they want to read. I think most everyone knows he is very gutsy and a hell of a team leader, super guy, played with two broken thumbs. But he is an average all around tackle. A better run blocker, but not too good at passblocking. But hey, opinions are like, well, you know.

wow, comparing jansen to samuels. Saying samuels can't handle quick DE's huh? I think samuels can handle quick DEs better than most tackles. The reason why the DEs usually get to him, i think, is brunell doesn't step up in the pocket. Rewatch the video and look. DEs get around the pocket, they might smack brunell, but samuels never let him pass them.

You are right, a lot of those sacks was because Brunell left his contain, and rolled into the sack, not because Samuels got beat on the line.

Some fans just connect with country white boy Jansen even though Samuels grades out higher every week. Truth is both are good but what's with the over-romantisizing of the JanMAN. Samuels is one of the best TITO.

SHONUFF

:doh: :laugh: . Thats funny son.

Archived