Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did Marcus Vick make the Dolphins?

ratbert_rizzo

Well, I don't know about you all, but I always had $4,750 laying around for bail when I was a college student.

I'm sure his bro paid, or who knows who paid it. I can't believe how these athletes get around the rules. I remember reading about Deuce McAllister at Ole Miss talking about leaving his condo to go to practice....guys have SUV's and all kinds of crap...it's shameful.

It's shameful because it's against the rules, but the rules themselves are shameful, too. As is, college athletes are shamefully exploited by the NCAA and their parent organization. While a select few translate that exploitation into riches the rest of the world will never see, the majority move on to injuries or three years in college and no degree to show for it.

Let's just call college basketball and college football exactly what they are: minor league sports. Stop speaking in euphimisms. "Student athlete"... what a load of garbage.

Pretty into the assumptions aren't you chief?

I didn't defend Marcus Vick in the slightest, but thanks for chronicling his arrest history for me. Nor did I mention University of Maryland in the slightest.

Marcus Vick was a perfect fit for the classless program Beamer runs down in Blacksburg.

Assumptions? Chief? I see that you are into name calling, labelling a university's football program and now, naming a coach that you obviously know nothing about. For one to say that Vick is a fit for any university's football program after his history of not abiding by the rules (college and state law) is a classless assumption.

Marcus has athletic gifts. His problems were of his own and not VA Tech football or coach Beamer. The Dolphins need to keep him on a short leash until he shows that he has learned from his past.

Assumptions? Chief? I see that you are into name calling, labelling a university's football program and now, naming a coach that you obviously know nothing about. For one to say that Vick is a fit for any university's football program after his history of not abiding by the rules (college and state law) is a classless assumption.

Marcus has athletic gifts. His problems were of his own and not VA Tech football or coach Beamer. The Dolphins need to keep him on a short leash until he shows that he has learned from his past.

I don't know what I was thinking. Marcus Vick is a completely isolated incident. Beamer runs a tight ship down there.

Crap. A lot of us down here were really hoping to see him go the way of Maurice Clarett...an utter and abject failure and washout.

Hopefully he will be bounced from the league soon enough and resume his life of crime and ignomy.

People make mistakes and people are willing to forgive and forget. This is not always the case when a player commits a major mistake or a string of smaller ones. Marcus' showing in the draft was certainly a humbling experience. However I would have liked to see him go to Canada or the Arena League for a year. He would hopefully learn appreciate himself and others. Perhaps this will happen by him being on the PS.

Marcus Vick was a perfect fit for the classless program Beamer runs down in Blacksburg.

Classless? Give me a break. Quit acting like we are The U or FSU. We are not classless. If we were classes, why would have we suspended our best offensive player? If we "didn't care" about our players actions on the field, we would not have suspended Vick.

Shut it.

Archived