Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another Redskins RB was "shocked" - #36 Timmy Smith in 1987

spanishomelette

ts2.jpg

Remember #36 from 1987, Timmy Smith :helmet: ? Of course, 200+ yards in XXII.

Timmy Smith was drafted in the 5th round after he had recovered from a blown out knee and a messed up ankle in consecutive years.

When Smith found out he was drafted by the Redskins his reaction...shock and dismay...He said of being drafted, "Why the Redskins? They have [George] Rogers and [Kelvin] Bryant". What followed for this "3rd string" RB, Smith, was that he rushed for more yards in the SB than any other RB before, and more than he had his whole rookie season.

Perhaps he was the first RB to be upset with being in a stacked Redskins backfield, but it turned out good for him and all Redskins fans in that final game in 1987.

Unfortunately it was to be too much success too soon for the rookie. Later he made 2 big mistakes. One was to "conspire to distribute cocaine" which recently brought him a jail sentence of 2 years, and the other was to retire in 1990 as a Cowboy.

Here's hoping you make better choices in the future, Timmy :cheers: We still love ya'.

hey ya'll, from S.C. i have to say "WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED"? why can't people

realize that DRUGS are the DEVIL'S playtoy. these people get "HOOKED" & it can come

back to "haunt" them. i hated so much when i found out what had happened to TIMMY

SMITH. guilty or not he should have used his head & not even be around the STUFF.

he could have had a great career. after that SUPER BOWL win he went DOWNHILL &

what makes it even WORSE he went to the COWBOYS!!!!!!!!! that was the worse thing

that anybody could have done..........but i want to hope the best for him & i pray that

his life is STRAIGHT now SSSSSOOOOOO SSSSAAAADDDD!!!!!!!!!! stanley

Guest BIGJoeSalave'a
Distributing cocaine and retiring a Cowboy...isn't that the same thing?

I guess so. As a cowboys, Mr. Timmy Smith must had made himself useful by expanding the Cocaine Apprentices Network for Mr. Michael "the Crackhead King" Irvin before his retirement.

Archived