Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An Explanation to Madden Ratings

[[ghost]]

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/060822

Very funny read- I personally loved these two:

"53 -- The overall player rating for Ethan Albright, Washington's long snapper -- the lowest overall player rating in the entire game. But Albright shouldn't be too upset about his overall rating because he was given a rare 100 score in the player morale category -- meaning that while he may be a terrible football player, his teammates are inspired by his presence. He's practically a modern-day "Radio."

44 -- Drew Bledsoe's agility rating. Proof that the people at EA Sports are kind, generous souls. And that their rating system does not include negative numbers."

:laugh:

Hahaha that is great. Anyone have a clue why they have Cooley a 98 and why he is still a fullback? Other 07 mysteries include: Santana Moss never outrunning anyone in his routes, Marcus Washington being a LOLB, and David Patten being on kickoff coverage.

HAHAHAHAHAH!!

25 -- The player morale rating for Terrell Owens, far and away the lowest in the game. So apparently to get lower than 25 in this category a player has to be coming off of a season in which he actually murdered a teammate. (Maybe that's something the Bengals can try to achieve for Madden 2008.)

this was HILARIOUS! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hahaha that is great. Anyone have a clue why they have Cooley a 98 and why he is still a fullback? Other 07 mysteries include: Santana Moss never outrunning anyone in his routes, Marcus Washington being a LOLB, and David Patten being on kickoff coverage.

He's 95 and they don't pay attention at EA, that's why he's a FB. Switch him (without editing his position) to TE and he's an 86, edit him to a TE (can't online) and he's a 90. His awareness as a TE will suck like last year because he's supposed to be a FB but oh well, I still run him at TE. Fauria can't get separation on the deep TE routes like Cooley does.

Santana Moss does outrun people. I had 170 recieving yards with him online last night. You just don't know how to throw a deep ball. Also, he makes some nice deep ball catches in good coverage now and again, too. I can't complain about Moss, Lloyd, however, doesn't catch ****. He doesn't have speed and he drops it everytime someone puts a decent hit on him. No possession reciever abilities at all. Oh well, skins still going to have problems beating bump man coverage. No one can catch a tough slant.

Patten is on teams because the 4th WR on the depth chart plays teams. If you had Moss at #4, he'd be out there. As far as Marcus, I didn't notice that. If it's true that's pretty stupid but it wouldn't surprise me since they already screwed up the Cooley at FB thing.

Thanks! Good find! I like these:

35 -- The strength rating for Eagles receiver Todd Pinkston. How weak is Stinkston? Thirty-nine kickers and punters are given higher ratings. Thirty-nine. Yikes. If that's not a punch in the frail, tender, feeble stomach, then I don't know what is. In fact, I'm kind of excited to fire up Madden '07 to see if the game's programmers switched Pinkston's mug shot with that of a cat. Might as well hammer home the point, huh?

35 -- Not that Pinkston is the only non-kicker to get a 35 strength rating. Eagles receiver and kick returner Jeremy Bloom got one, too. So remember, Eagles fans: just tap that pass button in Madden '07. You don't want Donovan McNabb to accidentally kill his waifish receiving corps with high-velocity throws.

Archived