Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Play-by-Play for Backup O-Line in Bengals Game

ouvan59

Ouvan59, could you possibly do me a huge favor (if you have the time) and evaluate Dockery's performance from Sundays game?

He has got a year to show is ass and I didn't think that his run blocking was any better than in the past.

BTW, great stuff man.

Yeah, give me a minute. They only ran the ball twice while he was in there I believe.

Weren't Pino and Harvey touted last week as guys who were showing some ability?

Guess they need some more live action. And, that, ladies and gentlemen, is why there are 4 preseason games.

Thats what I seen as well, these were the guys that Jansen and Thomas along with Buges said looked good. Well 1 preseason game does not make or break but time is running out. I thought we were bringing in a vet, was it Todd Wade?

After first doing the backups watching our starters really made me appreciate them. These guys are friggin good.

1st and 10 at Wash 20

Portis runs for 8 yards up the middle

Samuels - DE comes upfield, Samuels locks him up and holds him outside

Dockery - teams with Rabach on DT. Releases and goes after LB who stops when Portis cuts back.

Rabach - teams with Dockery on DT. Handles him well until Jansen pushes other DT into him in the back and knocks him down.

Thomas - Shoots through and seals off MLB

Jansen - pulls left and takes out other DT

2nd and 2 at Wash 28

Brunell hits Moss for 18 yards

Samuels - DE tries to beat him outside but Samuels handles him easily

Dockery - Takes on DT by himself. Holds off bullrush.

Rabach - Takes on other DT and does great job. Gets a little help from Thomas

Thomas- Helps a little on DT but then breaks off when he sees Rabach's got him and looks to help elsewhere.

Jansen - Handles DE easily

1st and 10 at Wash 46

Brunell throws away pass after rolling left when Cooley covered

Samuels - Blocks down on DT and neutralizes him.

Dockery - teams with Rabach to push DT to the right showing good hustle

Rabach - teams with Dockery to push DT to the right and out of the play.

Thomas - teams with Jansen to push DE out of the play.

Jansen - teams with Thomas to push DE out of the play.

Play breaks down when Cooley is contained on a nice play by the LB. DE gets good pressure on Brunell but if Cooley makes clean break he is no factor.

2nd and 10 at Wash 46

Brunell throws medium out incomplete to Moss

Samuels - DE and DT stunt but solid pickup on both.

Dockery - DE stunts inside and Dockery crushes him.

Rabach - Chips a little on DE after Dockery hits him. The aggressively goes after Thomas' man who has been pushed back.

Thomas - DT tries to take an outside rush behind DE but Thomas in good position, pushes him back and Rabach cleans him up.

Jansen - Jansen toys with DE, not a factor

3rd and 10 at Wash 46

Brunell from shotgun hits Lloyd for 27 yard gain on circus catch.

Samuels - DE tries outside and then spins inside but Samuels handles him easily

Dockery - DT takes hard two handed punch from Dockery and then stays along the line.

Rabach - Helps Thomas with DT

Thomas - Thomas herds him towards the middle and help.

Jansen - DE tries speed rush but gives up when Jansen beats him to the spot.

1st and 10 at Cin 27

Sellers up the gut for 2

Samuels - Stands up DE but doesn't get great push (ends up pushing back 2 yards)

Dockery - Stands up DT but doesn't get great push (ends up pushing back 2 yards)

Rabach - Helps with DT

Thomas - Pushes DT 5 yards back.

Jansen - Chips on Thomas' guy and then eats LB.

2nd and 8 at Cin 25

Brunell throws it way at Cooley or Sellers' feet

Samuels - DE tries to bull rush him and gets some penetration but then Samuels just stops him cold.

Dockery - Gets great jump on DT and knocks him back. DT then runs around the other end. Dockery thinks about helping Samuels.

Rabach - Teams with Thomas to eliminate DT

Thomas - Teams with Rabach to eliminate DT

Jansen - DE tries to go inside, nowhere to go.

Note: Portis had a nice block on DE that came from other side. Play was covered well by Bengals hence the throw away.

3rd and 8 at Cin 25

Brunell throws pick along sideline

Samuels - Gets help from Fauria and never actually has to block the DE.

Dockery - DT's stunt which is perfectly picked up by Dockery and Rabach

Rabach - see above

Thomas - Mix up between Thomas and Jansen. Bengals overload right side and bring DB and two LBs right at the two. They both go after one of the LBs leaving DE all alone with Portis who does a great job and stones him. DB however gets in Brunell's face forcing pick. Thomas never actually touches anybody.

Jansen - see above

1st and 10 at Was 15

Cartwright around right end for loss of 1.

Samuels - Blocks down on DT holding him up. Samuels gets pushed into the pile and falls over backwards.

Dockery - Pull right getting MLB who has made a great read and gotten there quickly. Even though he is blocked his penetration makes Rock run wider than he wanted resulting in loss.

Rabach - Does a good job sealing off DT before he is caught in the pile.

Thomas - Gets a little tangled in the pile and is slow to get through to the MLB who blows up the play.

Jansen - Cuts down on DE. If MLB doesn't make a great play it would have been enough to spring Rock but DE eventually makes it in on tackle.

2nd and 11

Brunell hits Sellers in the flat for 17 yards.

Samuels - Takes on DT and completely eliminates him from the play.

Dockery - Nobody on him he eventually crushes other DE trying to pursue from the backside.

Rabach - Guides other DT out of the play into Jansen, no factor

Thomas - DE stunts to Thomas who pushes him away before Dockery teaches him a lesson.

Jansen - Picks up stunt with Rabach and takes DT out of play.

1st and 10 at Was 31

Cartwright around right end for 3 yards

Samuels - Blocks down on DT and pushes him over LB who Dockery has just destroyed.

Dockery - Nice burst into LB taking his legs out.

Rabach - Takes on DT one on one but his man is able to make the tackle.

Thomas - Steamrolls DE and LB out to the right.

Jansen - With help from Thomas pushes DE out to the right.

This is another play that I think Portis turns into a nice gain.

2nd and 7 at Was 34

Brunell bomb to Lloyd overthrown.

Samuels - DE tries to bull rush, Samuels having none of it.

Dockery - DT tries inside rush, Dockery eats him up

Rabach - Takes on DT with a little help from Thomas, gets through eventually but still good protection

Thomas - Chips on DT but nothing to hit after that.

Jansen - DE takes outside route right into Fauria who pushes him out of the play. Jansen lonely.

3rd and 7 at Was 34

Brunell hits Cooley for gain of 5

Samuels - DE and DT stunt to no avail. Good pickup by Samuels.

Dockery - see above,

Rabach - Gives Dockery help on DE

Thomas - Just like the other side DE and DT stunt picked up nicely

Jansen - Bengals glad to see these guys hit the bench.

Holy cow that is a nice breakdown....get a life dude....:laugh:

just kidding....:D

LOL, I was thinking how many people would wonder how I have the time. I'm staying home with two sick boys today and I'm bored. Don't really feel like watching "The Land Before Time XI" again. :silly:

That's the reason I did it. It's so hard to grade a line watching it live so I wanted to go back and see how each one did on each play. The fact is that you aren't going to need 4 good backup lineman. You really only need a couple for the most part.

One thing I didn't note in my writeup was the blocking of the TE's and RBs. For the most part the RBs were not kept in to block. The other thing I noticed. Robert Johnson did a friggin great job pass blocking. Several times he was locked in one-on-one with the DE that was giving Pino fits and he handled him with ease. He showed good balance and quickness.

You gonna do the same thing next week? Not to give you more work, but it's really interesting. :applause:

Tyson Walter - B Did a very good job in pass protection. Not a dominating run blocker but effective.

Ikechuku Ndukwe - C+ Also did a good job in pass protection but wasn't left alone as often as Walter. Had some very good run blocks but didn't always square up on his man.

Mike Pucillo - C-Again good in pass protection but looks like he needs to get stronger. Handled the 2nd stringers but I have a feeling the really good DTs would eat his lunch.

Jasper Harvey - D Doesn't look like it comes natural. Got easily fooled by stunts. Strong enough but appeared slow to react.

Jon Alston - F Hard to grade because he was only in for 5 plays two of which were bad. Got fooled badly on two stunts.

Chris Pino - F -- Terrible on footwork and balance. Stands way too high. Looks slow in run blocking as well. Buh-bye.

Nice work ouvan59! I would grade pucillo a little higher and harvey a little lower, but the rest I thought were spot on.

Harvey not picking up the stunt on Collins first int led to the int. The DE came in clean...and fast!

Pucillo looks like he can be a solid backup. I agree not a dominating player, but can hold his own when needed.

again, nice job! :cheers:

Nice work ouvan59! I would grade pucillo a little higher and harvey a little lower, but the rest I thought were spot on.

Harvey not picking up the stunt on Collins first int led to the int. The DE came in clean...and fast!

Pucillo looks like he can be a solid backup. I agree not a dominating player, but can hold his own when needed.

again, nice job! :cheers:

Actually I didn't mean that to be a minus on Pucillo, just a hyphen. And you are right. The gap between Pucillo and Harvey was pretty wide. He made pretty much all the right reads.

OUVAN59:

Let me add my compliments to all of the others you have received on this board. You did a great job! This is why Extremeskins is great!

I never played past high school. I was cannon-fodder, the scrub team. It looked to me that Pucillo may make a decent backup at center. I do not know if he is better than Raymer was (and Raymer was not good last year). So we may be weak there. Walter showed some promise. Pino was pathetic. The one advantage was that they played a long time, so the coaches got a good look at them.

We just have to hope that none of the starters gets injured.

:applause:

LOL, I was thinking how many people would wonder how I have the time. I'm staying home with two sick boys today and I'm bored. Don't really feel like watching "The Land Before Time XI" again. :silly:

Hope the kids are feeling better...their pain was our gain. ;)

Archived