Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Flozell Adams and the Cowgirls O-Line

Mackdaddydean

As many of you know the offensive line will be the key to the Cowboys success this season....at least thats what I think. T.O. may add something, but only if Bledsoe has time to throw to him. Anyway, I remember reading in an article that Flozell Adams would not be starting. Can anyone remember what writer said this or where. I can't seem to find it through search. However, another interesting tid bit that I haven't seen anyone talk about is that TONY Romo sits to pee will probably START in the first Cowboys preseason game.

Source: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=F07BF1DC-9183-0399-D6A3793ADE192C44

That's not to say that he will start the season obviously but if he performs better than Bledsoe then who knows. Someone let me know about Flozell.

As many of you know the offensive line will be the key to the Cowboys success this season....at least thats what I think. T.O. may add something, but only if Bledsoe has time to throw to him. Anyway, I remember reading in an article that Flozell Adams would not be starting. Can anyone remember what writer said this or where. I can't seem to find it through search. However, another interesting tid bit that I haven't seen anyone talk about is that TONY Romo sits to pee will probably START in the first Cowboys preseason game.

Source: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=F07BF1DC-9183-0399-D6A3793ADE192C44

That's not to say that he will start the season obviously but if he performs better than Bledsoe then who knows. Someone let me know about Flozell.

Whoever told you Flozell wasn't going to be the starter was yanking your chain.

As for Romo sits to pee Parcells has been saying all along he wanted to get Romo sits to pee reps to see what we have in him. There is 0% shot he starts the season if Bledsoe is healthy

Romo sits to pee will start because Parcells knows how bad the o-line really is and doesn't want Bledsoe to get killed in the preseason.

Romo sits to pee will start because Parcells knows how bad the o-line really is and doesn't want Bledsoe to get killed in the preseason.

Or maybe because he knows how good Bledsoe is already, and he's trying to assess Tony Romo sits to pee's ability, so he can know whether he can be our QB of the future.

But yeah, go with something you've never heard from him before!

I think the FLo news you were reffering to is old news. Flo was on the PUP list at the beginning of camp. Since then he has passed all the performance testes and is the starter for that position. If he can stay healthy, he will be solid as always.

It actually sounds like Romo sits to pee won't start and they'll probably have Bledsoe go in for 1-2 series to start off the game. I stated before the training camp started that it's silly to read too much into reports about any O-Line because too many people are too quick to jump the gun and most of the drills favor the defense anyway. It's like the reports of Jansen struggling heavily, I simply think it's making a mountain out of a mole hill.

One of the things Parcells does a lot that I like is in training camp he tries to switch players together as much as he can. So, he'll have guys that wind up not even making the roster playing some snaps with some first stringers.

I think there are some athletes that are pretty good and effective when they aren't saddled with bench players. And I think Parcells believes in that as well, so he wants to try some guys out with the first team. He's done that every training camp since he's been here, so don't read anything into Flozell playing with the 2nd string for now.

Rich........

Why'd they let Larry Allen go?

It was a bone-headed move if you ask me.

I don't agree. Allen was a shell of his former self the last two years. The fact that he made the Pro Bowl shows what a sham the voting process is. Cowboy fans will probably be better able to give a full scouting report on him but my impression was that he was still good on power run blocking but he could no longer pull to save his arse and his pass protections skills had deteriorated.

Plus if memory serves me he had conditioning and effort issues in training camp the last two years. That's not the kind of guy that FM wants showing the young guys how it's done. It was time to cut the cord.

:2cents:

I don't agree. Allen was a shell of his former self the last two years. The fact that he made the Pro Bowl shows what a sham the voting process is. Cowboy fans will probably be better able to give a full scouting report on him but my impression was that he was still good on power run blocking but he could no longer pull to save his arse and his pass protections skills had deteriorated.

Plus if memory serves me he had conditioning and effort issues in training camp the last two years. That's not the kind of guy that FM wants showing the young guys how it's done. It was time to cut the cord.

Precisely! :applause:

Well said :notworthy

The OL is the big question for Dallas this year. You are what you are, until you improve.

It was the same thing here a few seasons ago, they changed faces, added, subtracted and the product on the field last year was much improved, but they still had their breakdowns.

I think anybody who expects the Dallas OL to just turn it on week 1 is daffy. It's a work in progress for every OL in the league, even the best ones.

I think Adams is probably their best O-lineman. He will start if healthy. The rest of their linemen are has-beens or never-weres, but Adams is pretty solid.

Ever heard of Marco Rivera? He's their best lineman, but you're right about the other 3 spots on the line

I remember somebody posting something about how Flozell's knee isn't 100% yet, but I can't remember what it was or where it was from. That would be the only way he doesn't start. Carter will abuse him either way...:D

I don't see how it could be 100% yet. It's been, what, 8-9 months? For and ACL tear? He'd have to be some kind of super-human to be 100% by now.

I don't agree. Allen was a shell of his former self the last two years. The fact that he made the Pro Bowl shows what a sham the voting process is. Cowboy fans will probably be better able to give a full scouting report on him but my impression was that he was still good on power run blocking but he could no longer pull to save his arse and his pass protections skills had deteriorated. :2cents:

It's something like that.

Allen was actually very good in 2004. But teams started to stunt and slant Allen to death in 2005 realizing that as long as Allen wasn't able to grip D-Linemen, he was far less effective. With that, Allen couldn't pull to save his life and was pretty much useless in space. Parcells' blocking scheme prefers, smaller and more mobile O-Linemen, which is the opposite of Allen.

Here's what KC Joyner had to say about Allen and his replacement Kyle Kosier:

"The loss of Larry Allen does hurt some, but he only had a 3.9 yard modified POA rating. Kyle Kosier, Allen's replacement, had a 4.6 yard rating in that category for an awful Lions team, so he will more than make that up." - KC Joyner (http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=12108)
"You will be happy to know that Kosier had excellent metrics last year despite playing on a mediocre Lions O line. Kosier had a nearly 90% success rate on his run blocks, which over 8 percentage points better than Allen. Given Allen's advancing age, I think this was a good move for the Cowboys." - KC Joyner (http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=12276)

I don't expect Kosier to play at a Pro Bowl level, but I do believe he'll be an upgrade over what Allen provided in 2005 (barring injury) when all is said and done.

Rich.........

Ever heard of Marco Rivera? He's their best lineman, but you're right about the other 3 spots on the line

I don't see how it could be 100% yet. It's been, what, 8-9 months? For and ACL tear? He'd have to be some kind of super-human to be 100% by now.

Marco Rivera has the potential to be their best lineman but he didn't play that way last year. You can blame it on his back injury or just meshing into a new line but they need him to play a lot better this year. At 34 they have to be at least a little concerned that he will ever get back to the form he was at in 2003 and before.

Exactly right. Anyone who thinks Larry Allen's departure is going to hurt the Cowboys O-line hasn't watched many Dallas games over the last two seasons.

Marco is playing MUCH better this training camp but Flo is still the bst player on the OL.

ACL repairs take much longer for skill players who have to make quick cuts. Linemen usually return much faster from these injuries. Flo started slowly in camp but just yesterday, Bill praised him for looking like his old self.

Archived