Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Santana vs Sinorice

Passizle

Santana is much faster

4.38 40 for sinorice

4.30 for Santana

Sinorice is a little package of muscles though.

I thought he said Sinorice was faster?

sinorice 4.38

santana 4.36

So, pretty much the same speed.

Nono Santana ran 4.31 and 4.30 40 yard dashes.

http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/rev/apr01/widereceiver-santanamoss.asp

I mean guys Sinorice is good and all, but Santana holds all the WR records at Miami, he was a BEAST - and still is. Unfair comparison.

I really don't know, I just googled it and found this. http://espn.go.com/melkiper/s/2001/0301/1119804.html

I'm sure Sinorice has run better too, so it's kinda hard to tell.

No he hasn't that was Sinorice's best 40, Sinorice was a 4.45 guy all through college, check the U of Miami website.

That Santana time was from Miami's pro-day, Santana ran the 4.31 at the Combine

The 4.38 was Sinorice's combine number, I guess Miami has a slow field to run 40's on compared to the combine.

This is Sinorice's times on the same surface that Santana ran the #'s you posted:

AGILITY TESTS Campus: 4.45 in the 40-yard dash...35-inch vertical jump...300-pound bench press...435-pound squat...250-pound power clean.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/draft/prospect?contentId=5526536

I dont think the .01 or .02 difference will really matter. And I actually heard that norice ran a 4.2something in a 40 once. but its not like they will be running against each other. I cant wait to see what Sinorice can do for our team with the big guys all around him.

Well, he's 10 pounds heavier than he was coming out of college.

True, but they work hard with plyometrics and stuff to balance out the weight gain with fast-twitch muscle and stuff - thats why scouts talk about the "frame" of a player, they mean the amount of weight a player can hold without slowing down their speed and quickness.

So players with small "frames" can't gain weight without slowing down, will a player like Mario Williams can be humongous without losing his athleticism.

Plyometrics have changed the game big time, all started with Michael Jordan.

Either way I think Sinorice is gonna be slot reciever his whole career, and a damn good one.

True, but they work hard with plyometrics and stuff to balance out the weight gain with fast-twitch muscle and stuff - thats why scouts talk about the "frame" of a player, they mean the amount of weight a player can hold without slowing down their speed and quickness.

So players with small "frames" can't gain weight without slowing down, will a player like Mario Williams can be humongous without losing his athleticism.

Plyometrics have changed the game big time, all started with Michael Jordan.

Either way I think Sinorice is gonna be slot reciever his whole career, and a damn good one.

Good answer :cheers: I really don't know much about plyometrics, so I'll take your word for it.

BTW, what I meant by "it's kinda hard to tell" was that their speeds are so similar that it would be surprising if Sinorice could beat Santana in a race. Overall though, everything points to Santana being faster.

the thing that i was thinking is that having santanas lil bro running the scout team, the gmen will have a good replica in practice for what santana can do......

That's a good point. Still though, Sinorice is a rookie so I don't know how accurate a gauge he can be.

Good answer :cheers: I really don't know much about plyometrics, so I'll take your word for it.

BTW, what I meant by "it's kinda hard to tell" was that their speeds are so similar that it would be surprising if Sinorice could beat Santana in a race. Overall though, everything points to Santana being faster.

Plyo metrics are like those wierd "jump shoes" and running with that parachute and a whole bunch of other wierd exercises. They really work.

I used those jump shoes in HS and it helped me get way more explosive, kinda neat.

Do we know what Santana runs now?

As long as he's fast enough to get the ball over the goal line, I don't care about his numbers.

I think that 40 times are the most overrated stat in football....those times don't necessarily translate to the football field. If they want to get a true barometer of the players speed, they should have to run the 40 in full pads.

If Sinorice is all that he would have caught 10 or more TD passes last season and been open all the time and unstoppable....against college players: which he was not.

He is in the pros now and speed means didly. Ask Alexander Wright who was a number 1 pick for the Cowboys and who is now out of football and working at Burger World.

Archived