Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ketchman Blurb That Explains His Redskin-Hating

JoeSkins

I know you guys are sick of hearing about this guy, but he always seems to have something negative to say about Snyder and the Redskins. This is not one of those, but it might explain a little about why he usually says things like he has.

Mike from Jacksonville: I noticed you speaking to Peter King on Wednesday afternoon. Who, in the media, do you make time for; enjoy a cold one with?
Vic: I'm media and I have lots of media friends. I enjoy their company, their point of view and their information. Len Pasquarelli was here on Wednesday, too. Len's a friend and a great reporter. He knows a lot more about this league than I do so I spent some time on Wednesday picking his brain, too. Peter and Len are old-time media guys. They're print guys who really work at their trade. I'm glad we still have people in this business who do it the old-fashioned way. We're fortunate in Jacksonville to have another old-fashioned beat guy, Vito Stellino. When I need to check my memory, I call Vito.

Also there were these extra tidbits which aren't anything big but I feel like putting them in :D :

Tom from St. Augustine, FL: Fantasy football segment on “Jaguars This Week?” Vic, say it ain't so. Is there any point to fantasy football other than a bunch of geeks trying to convince themselves that they could out-Snyder Dan Snyder (buy rather than develop a team)? Who cares if Peyton throws 50 TD passes and chokes again in the playoffs? Just win, baby.

Vic: You're my kind of guy.

Nick from Hanover, NH: Mark Brunell said yesterday that he believes this year's Redskins are more talented than the 1999 Jaguars were. How much do you believe that?

Vic: Mark has always been a company man.

I know you guys are sick of hearing about this guy, but he always seems to have something negative to say about Snyder and the Redskins. This is not one of those, but it might explain a little about why he usually says things like he has.

Also there were these extra tidbits which aren't anything big but I feel like putting them in :D :

Tom from St. Augustine, FL: Fantasy football segment on “Jaguars This Week?” Vic, say it ain't so. Is there any point to fantasy football other than a bunch of geeks trying to convince themselves that they could out-Snyder Dan Snyder (buy rather than develop a team)? Who cares if Peyton throws 50 TD passes and chokes again in the playoffs? Just win, baby.

Vic: You're my kind of guy.

Nick from Hanover, NH: Mark Brunell said yesterday that he believes this year's Redskins are more talented than the 1999 Jaguars were. How much do you believe that?

Vic: Mark has always been a company man.

Everything in here seems pretty irrelevant. He stated only that he is friends with a few co-workers, that he dislikes fantasy football, and that the Redskins aren't as good as the Jaguars team that (if my memory isn't failing me) defeated the 15-1 Denver Broncos in the playoffs.

Everything in here seems pretty irrelevant. He stated only that he is friends with a few co-workers, that he dislikes fantasy football, and that the Redskins aren't as good as the Jaguars team that (if my memory isn't failing me) defeated the 15-1 Denver Broncos in the playoffs.

I didn't think anything of the last two blurbs, I just figured I'd throw them in, especially since one guy compared FF to Snyder. I just tossed them in while I was making the post.

The part about Peter King and Lenny P though shows how he is influenced by those guys. I'm sure he spends time with Dr. Z too, since Z and King hang out.

Again, it's not a paranoia thing, just figured I'd expose us to it.

Hmmm..Interesting comment

Jags Brunell compared to our version (more older, less mobile) advantage JAX - even tho his 99 numbers are very similar to what he did last year

Fred Taylor compared to CP, advantage Skins

Brackens compared to Andre Carter, advantage JAX

Boseli compared to Samuels, advantage JAX

Searcy compared to Jansen, advantage Skins

Smith compared to Moss, push

McCardell compared to... lol, advantage JAX

Their version of Wynn was more productive than ours (read: healthier) and besides Brackens, they also had Hardy who was playin at a pro bowl level, Bryce Paup, Carnell Lake, Beasley, and Bryant, but I think our backfield of Taylor,AA,Rogers, and Springs is better.

The most important stat, however, is that they lost only 2 games, Our schedule is too tough for us to match that IMO. Anyway, I'm just bored, don't take any of my "analysis" seriously

it was the 98 Jags that went 14-2, but lost in the playoffs, AFC championship game

the 99 team was the beginning of the end for Heir Coughlin in JAX

I think it was the 99 team, cause that was the year we made the playoffs. The same day we lost to Tampa, Jax beat Miami 62-7 or something like that

I think it was the 99 team, cause that was the year we made the playoffs. The same day we lost to Tampa, Jax beat Miami 62-7 or something like that

you're right 98 they went 11-5 and Brunell best season stat wise as a pro

2000 is when they went south at 7-9

Archived