Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Last year's scrimmage vs. Ravens...a comparison.

freakofthesouth

After reading the relatively positive threads about today's scrimmage, I was reminded of how we all felt after last year's Ravens' scrimmage. Using the search function, I dug up this little gem:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108189&page=1&pp=15

In a nutshell, this thread is Die Hard's (and others) accounts for how our scrimmage went last year. We had fundemental problems w/ protection, and no apperent continuity on offense. Not to mention, we lost the scrimmage quite convincingly.

So, let's all take a moment and appreciate how far this team has come. Sure, we have some things to work out on offense...and that is what preseason is for. But to come out today vs. the Ravens and put some highlight-reel plays together is very encouraging for the season.

:cheers:

You beat me to it...lol :cheers:...I agree, the continuity and quality of character players on the team is showing in how they are able to execute early, I think.

For the record, here are two article Len P (I should call him "Limpy') couldn't wait to write after last year's scrimmage with the Ravens:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108470&highlight=len+scrimmage

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108431&highlight=len+scrimmage

It's almost like you could hear him saying "Yes!! The Redskins will suck this season!! I can't wait to throw out all the bad things I noticed from the scrimmage to prove this point!!"...

Of course the Skins went 10-6 and made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs, but that's not important... ;)

Well, didn't we beat the Ravens in preseason last year?

lol, I like how he said the Ravens had a "damn fine team". What a difference a year makes.

I think we were winning rather convincingly, but eventually lost on a long catch-and-run (in OT, I think). Ravens fans were going crazy, but I was laughing more than anything at people that actually cared about their 4th string beating our 4th string.

I think we were winning rather convincingly, but eventually lost on a long catch-and-run (in OT, I think). Ravens fans were going crazy, but I was laughing more than anything at people that actually cared about their 4th string beating our 4th string.

Oh, okay. I don't really keep track after the 1st half.

Well, didn't we beat the Ravens in preseason last year?

lol, I like how he said the Ravens had a "damn fine team". What a difference a year makes.

Nope, we basically wen't into overtime and the coaches probally didn't wanna **** off us(the fans) so they kept playing but Gregg Williams or sombody told their DB'S to just get burnt so we can get home.

Archived