Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Al Saunders appreciation thread.

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Today was my first time ever going to a training camp, and also the first time seeing Al Saunders in action. And let me be the first to say that this guy it nothing but pure concentrated energy.

This guy gets me fired up just watching him. One instance that sticks out in my mind was a play where Taylor Jacobs caught a pass close to the sideline, and got wrapped up. Jacobs pretty much just stopped after his progress stopped just sort-of gave up. Well as soon as that happened you see Saunders flying across the field yelling, "Don't stop! Make them miss! MAKE THEM MISS!". He continued to yell this at him until he finally made it to the endzone.

That right there just fired me up. I like his intensity, and his drive. You can see it getting through to the players too. They seem to really be pushing harder to finish. Even if they get stopped, you'll see them try to take it to the endzone regardless.

The 'Skins NEED that type of intensity. I am very glad that Al decided to sign on with us. His will to bring out the best in every player on his offense just shows how much character he has. I am looking forward to how much change he brings to this offense more than anything this coming season.

Al Saunders has a powerful mindset to coach offense in the NFL, I am stoked that he is a Washington Redskin! :point2sky

the guy is funny to watch from the sidelines, probably not so funny if you were a player that messed up. He runs to the ball almost as fast as any defender, and his loud outbursts and comments are hilarious to listen to.

Jacobs knows he's on the bubble and Saunders had to TELL him to finish a play?:wtf:

Stick a fork in 'im. He's done. I just hope we can trade him to somebody for a 4th rounder or maybe a baloney sandwich.

4th? More like a baloney sandwich. Jacobs had his chance, he either doesn't want it or doesn't care. I personally do not care what he does, I already know that he will not see much playing time if any. Just by the way he is portraying himself in camp already. Way to impress the coach TJ! :rolleyes:

im really excited about saunders after seeing him today in action. the taylor jacobs play like yall said sticks out, but another play was when portis made that cut-back in the beginning of that session and ran down the sideline and then u saw al running after him screaming "great run! great cut-back."

I love that. Between the giving up, and the whole "I think I have a concussion" fiasco..., maybe it's time to cut ole TJ loose. The coaches know roughly a trillion times better than I do, though. But I digress.

There was only one guy on the PLANET that Joe Gibbs would even CONSIDER turning the offense over to, and we freakin' got him! How amazing is that??? And then hearing about his energy and excitement...it just gets better and better. There is no way we could be worse than last year, is there? I can't find any reason, and believe me, I have tried. Over and over and over again. Because I tend to be like Gibbs. If the Skins were playing the Little Sisters of the Poor, I'd be worried about their defense, or star QB, or whatever. Every game scares the daylights out of me. But I just can't see how we can suck this year. I just don't see it. But I need to shut up before I jinx everything. Oh, and I still will be terrified before every game this year, regardless. Thank you.

I love that. Between the giving up, and the whole "I think I have a concussion" fiasco..., maybe it's time to cut ole TJ loose. The coaches know roughly a trillion times better than I do, though. But I digress.

There was only one guy on the PLANET that Joe Gibbs would even CONSIDER turning the offense over to, and we freakin' got him! How amazing is that??? And then hearing about his energy and excitement...it just gets better and better. There is no way we could be worse than last year, is there? I can't find any reason, and believe me, I have tried. Over and over and over again. Because I tend to be like Gibbs. If the Skins were playing the Little Sisters of the Poor, I'd be worried about their defense, or star QB, or whatever. Every game scares the daylights out of me. But I just can't see how we can suck this year. I just don't see it. But I need to shut up before I jinx everything. Oh, and I still will be terrified before every game this year, regardless. Thank you.

i agree. it feels like christmas is coming in the fall, this season.

or february, if we are lucky. :cheers: :fingersx:

i seriously just want to see our team on the field again. so bad. all of you who actually got to see camp today are lucky as hell.

Archived