Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thank you Daniel Snyder....

CapitalDefense

To show my appreciation for Mr. Snyder... I defend him often time when people say "He's trying to buy a championship." I say "he's putting the best personnel on the field and in the organization. With the help of Joe Gibbs, Mr. Snyder has a much better team/organization than he did when he first bought the team.

Thank you Mr. Snyder for being a fan of the Washington Redskins, becoming an owner of the Redskins and demonstrating a willingness to spend money appropriately to attain the best personnel money can buy!

Once again, thank you!

A. Matt

Thank you so much Mr Snyder,what has really impressed me with "The Man" is,that since he came into the league,he has spent the money to put the best possible team on the field. Thur all of the bad publicity he has recieved for some of his signings,he has never wavered in trying to bring a champion-ship back to Washington,and for that I say ,Thank-you Sir from the bottom of my Burgundy& Gold heart. HAIL

Ya know, it really cracks me up that people knock Snyder for the Spurrier hireing. While Spurrier didn't work out, when the Skins brought him in, he was the hottest college coach looking to make the jump. People for the most part we're pretty excited about it at the time.

How can you blame the owner for trying to bring in the best coaching prospect available. While it's been a tough learning curve, Snyder has always tryed to do what is best for the team. He's gotten it back on track with the help of Gibbs, yet people still look for any fault they can.

Thanks Mr Snyder for getting Gibbs and company as a staff, and begining the turn around bringing us back to Glory.

Sports writers and fans from other cities who denigrate The Dan are irrational. There's just no reasonable explanation for it.

As a Redskins fan, I'm grateful to Dan Snyder for bringing our team back to where it belongs... in the playoffs.

It's always fun to root for the Redskins, but it's just alot MORE fun now. Thanks Dan.

Thanks for being the visionary that you are Dan. Your ownership abilities are endless! Please continue to strive to be the best owner that you can, and we the fans will always continue to be the #1 fan-base in the entire league. Thanks!

Thank you Dan Snyder, You've done what any true lover of the Redskins would have done. And that is go out and try to get what you believed was the best talent available for the redskins. Even though some of those decisions turned out to be not so productive, I believe your intensions were from the heart. The best think you could've done, was to bring back the one piece that had been missing for the past 12 seasons.............(Joe G.) :cheers:

Dan, Dan, he's our man!

If he can't do it,

F*** Dallas!

The number one condition for the new commissioner after Tags leaves:

-Must know how to repeatedly say, "Congratulations Mr. Snyder on an excellent season, here's your Lombardi Trophy."

Ya know, it really cracks me up that people knock Snyder for the Spurrier hireing. While Spurrier didn't work out, when the Skins brought him in, he was the hottest college coach looking to make the jump. People for the most part we're pretty excited about it at the time.

How can you blame the owner for trying to bring in the best coaching prospect available. While it's been a tough learning curve, Snyder has always tryed to do what is best for the team. He's gotten it back on track with the help of Gibbs, yet people still look for any fault they can.

Thanks Mr Snyder for getting Gibbs and company as a staff, and begining the turn around bringing us back to Glory.

I totally agree. - I admit I was one of those who really wanted Spurrier. - I was hoping we were going to get him in 2001 before we hired Marty.

...but of course I'm happier with the way things turned out.

I totally agree. Dan is the best NFL owner! He puts his heart into the Redskins. I can even understand some ticket prices increases whether we like it or not.

Dan, congrates on job well done so far!! Real Skins fans love you!!!

I COULDNT AGREE MORE. HE WAS A LITTLE TOO INVOLVED WITH THE COACHING UNTIL GIBBS CAME ALONG AND TOLD HIM TO JUST DISH OUT THE CASH AND ENJOY THE GAME. :dallasuck

I don't blame Mr. Daniel Snyder for this... I also don't think Gibbs is telling Snyder this type of thing, not even remotely or in jest. This is too often a repeated fiction that is taken as fact. We shouldn't really repeat such stuff (uh, so why did I quote it above?).

Anyway... Marty-ball (aka 3-yards and a cloud of dust... aka ZZZzzzzz) was basically an attempt by Snyder at hiring a coach/GM who is primarily responsible for the team's success. "Quite Frankly", General Marty began testing this relationship from the beginning... The 0-5 start and the haphazard GM'ing that seemed to be more interested in putting a blue-collar and cheap product on the field than a winning team (Tony Banks? Wasn't Ed Rupert available?). Marty was a decent coach (I think his mediocre years in San Diego say a lot about what we could've expected from him as a coach), but he was never GM material.

I believe that Mr. Snyder has been fairly honest in his attempts to find someone who would assume praiseworthy/blameworthy control over his team's success/failure... He just didn't have the right guy until Coach Gibbs.

While I still believe we would probably be better if we had a GM, it looks like Joe Gibbs is evolving into the role that would traditionally be held by a GM without limiting his sphere of influence on the field. He's brought in quality assistant coaches to perform tasks that a normal head coach would perform, and he has elevated his position to a more broad role that governs the direction of the team (on and off the field). This makes a lot of sense and if we win the Super Bowl in the next few years, you may see teams going with a "Redskins Approach" to coaching...

Mr. Snyder has shown that if the ship is being captained well, he doesn't need to insert himself as a primary decision maker who is ultimately responsible. If the ship is in chaos, he will certainly do what he thinks needs to be done to make things right.

Oh! Thanks, Mr. Snyder...

Archived