Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2005 Draft Jason Campbell pick

cronos190

Looking back on the 2005 draft, we picked up Jason Campbell with the #25 pick in the first round I think?

Anyway,

I think our next pick was 3rd round, 12th pick...

Looking at all the picks made after the Skins 1st round pick, the only team that picked up a QB was the Browns with Charlie Frye in the 3rd round, 3rd pick...

Do you guys think if we didn't trade up, Campbell would still have been there for us in the 3rd round or would another team / Browns taken him before our 3rd round, 12th pick?

Absolutely not. Many scouts rated Campbell as the best QB of the draft before the draft, and there's no way someone with that sort of ability drops down that far. Even if he did manage to fall into the second round, there would have been teams that may not necessarily have needed a QB in the immediate future but would have drafted him anyway.

The reason why there were so few QBs picked early was because, frankly, it was a terribly weak quarterback class to begin with.

Teams didn't take a QB in the second round because there wasn't any talent after Jason Campbell. Has nothing to do with a team's need. It has to do with the talent that is available.

I think if the Skins didn't pick JC where they did, he would have come off VERY soon afterward. Either the last few picks of the 1st or first few picks of the 2nd.

On another note,

Based on all the CB's that went in the first two rounds...Who had the best production as a rookie?

I haven't followed much of the other two (Pacman and Rolle) but I think Rolle had a pretty good year?

1. Pacman Jones

2. Rolle

3. Carlos Rogers

Those were the top 3 cbs that I remember...

Looking back, were those the right order picked?

I said this every since we won the Super Bowl XXII with Mark Rypien and that's Joe Gibbs knows quarterbacks. If Joe saids Jason Campbell has the goods then you better believe he has the goods. He said Mark Brunell wasn't done in Washington and look at the season he had for us last year. He knew Ramsey didn't have what it takes to lead us I believe in Gibbs so I believe Jason Campbell will be a great QB one day.

I haven't followed much of the other two (Pacman and Rolle) but I think Rolle had a pretty good year?

1. Pacman Jones

2. Rolle

3. Carlos Rogers

When Rolle was healthy, he looked pretty good.

In terms of the 2005 season, I'd say Rolle>>Carlos Rogers>>>>>>Pacman.

On another note,

Based on all the CB's that went in the first two rounds...Who had the best production as a rookie?

1. Pacman Jones

2. Rolle

3. Carlos Rogers

Rolle hurt his knee and only played 5 games. Jones has been a headache to the Titans since day 1.

But you have the order right

#6 Jones

#8 Rolle

#9 Rogers

On another note,

1. Pacman Jones

2. Rolle

3. Carlos Rogers

Carlos has been the best picked out of those three. I think Dominique Foxworth had the best year out of all rookie DB's.

When Rolle was healthy, he looked pretty good.

In terms of the 2005 season, I'd say Rolle>>Carlos Rogers>>>>>>Pacman.

Rolle only played 5 games. being injury prone has a lot to do with it. plus if you look at the numbers Rogers had the best out of the three. Even if Rogers was a astep behind Rolle (which he isn't), i would still want a reliable player in Rogers. pacman is a terrible tackler and has an ego, which isn't good for team chemistry. Rogers was the standout out of those three.

Rolle hurt his knee and only played 5 games. Jones has been a headache to the Titans since day 1.

But you have the order right

#6 Jones

#8 Rolle

#9 Rogers

I always like looking back at previous drafts to look at draft day blunders and what if scenarios.

Considering how Jones didn't do so well his first year and Rolle got injured, I guess we got the best pick of the 3 top CBs taken.

I wonder what they were thinking when they picked Jones + Rolle over Rogers. I've heard from a lot of scouts that Rogers was the most NFL ready CB in the draft.

yeah foxworth ( UMD ) was a nice player for the broncos, and he no doubt had the most production of any rook cb. Most of this can be accreddited however, to champ bailey. Many teams would just not look at his side of the field alot, and that left balls to be forced, and picked off, for foxworth.

Rogers would have had more production if he hadn't tore his bicep most likely. He was on pace to anyway.

Even Peter Queen felt that Campbell was the top QB in that draft class.

I wanted us to get Pacman because of the name, but I knew Rogers was the smart pick. He will be the most improved Redskin this year.

I'm a Terps fan so I know just how dangerous Pacman Jones can be since we face WVU every year.

Archived