Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's the holdup with Rocky M.?

RWJ

Rocky already has a roster spot(you are required to hold roster spots for draft picks) so Fenner was cut to make room for someone else. In this case it was to make room for a linebacker from France named Phillipe Gardaun or something like that. He led NFL europe in tackles last season.

I think Rocky will be signed very soon, as has been hinted by several insiders.

Actually Garduan is guarenteed a spot on the PS. We get an NFL Europe exemption for Garduan so we can keep 9 players this year instead of the normal 8 on the PS.

big deal if he misses a day or two.. thats the norm for drafts picks these days...

On the contrary, Coach Dungee was on Mike and Mike this morning and he said there were a couple positions that could possibly be excused for a day or three of of training camp without hurting the team (RB, DE, CB /Nickle Back). In his opinion, a LB that doesn't have a full understanding of what is going on is inevitably hurting the team. I'll go with he'll be there on time smilin' ear to ear.

Rocky couldn't afford to miss TC, didn't they just up the fine's to be levied in case of missing it in the last CBA?

I dunno if it would be even close to worth it for a 2nd rounder to miss any time at all.

Rocky is such a nervous nelly in front of the cameras, it is such a funny juxtaposition with his on field War General type leadership. He was all stumbling at the podium :laugh:

Rocky couldn't afford to miss TC, didn't they just up the fine's to be levied in case of missing it in the last CBA?

you can't fine unsigned players, only players that have a current contract such as NE's Branch.

He won't be signed till the day before camp ... salary cap management. I'm not sure if it was a Gibbs decision or a Snyder one, but the Redskins camp is one of the latest starting camps this year. Every other team is getting its first rounders signed by the eve of camp. From a salary cap/salary negotiation perspective, it is genious to start camp late because the market for what drafted rookies SHOULD get paid is well developed by the time that it is actually NECESSARY to get rookie contracts signed. Rocky's contract will be a fair one (based on every one of the other outside linebackers drafted before and after him), and no more than necessary for the purposes of reasonable cap management.

I was a little concerned with all of the signings that we're been hearing about, but I'm sure that he'll be in camp on time....I can't imagine a second rounder holding out, esp. one as (reportedly) smart as Rocky is....he knows he needs to be in camp on time.

Archived