Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's the holdup with Rocky M.?

RWJ

with D'Qwell Jackson recently signed, plus how they prolly did not start talks until this week knowing they had sign, I don't think there is much cause for concern. 2nd round picks are typically not hard to sign, especially when the guy before already has a contract to go by.

The only snag I could see is that they could claim he is first round talent, but then again, his agents would have the be the Postons or Drew Rosenhaus for that to happen.

They released Fenner to create room for his signing. It'll probably happen before Sunday in order to give him a day to get in and ready for when camp opens Monday.

Larry Michael said nothing will likely happen until Thursday at the earliest, so there's not a "holdup".

They are waiting to let as many picks around McIntosh's slot to sign in order to give them a good gauge on what McIntosh gets as pick #35.

We will get him signed, I am sure that there will be or have been some cuts in the roster to make room. I would guess that we are close to the offseason limit right now.

Well, over the weekend the 'Skins cut Derrick Fenner so maybe that's a sign of things to come.

BTW, the Eagles snatched him off waivers, http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060726/SPORTS02/60726019.

What I don't know though is if he even occupied a spot on the official roster. I believe that he did since he was signed to a contract.

Rocky already has a roster spot(you are required to hold roster spots for draft picks) so Fenner was cut to make room for someone else. In this case it was to make room for a linebacker from France named Phillipe Gardaun or something like that. He led NFL europe in tackles last season.

I think Rocky will be signed very soon, as has been hinted by several insiders.

Rocky already has a roster spot(you are required to hold roster spots for draft picks) so Fenner was cut to make room for someone else. In this case it was to make room for a linebacker from France named Phillipe Gardaun or something like that. He led NFL europe in tackles last season.

I think Rocky will be signed very soon, as has been hinted by several insiders.

A Linebacker from France? Is there actually such a thing? Where can i find additional info on this guy and does he have a shot at making the roster? This would have to be a precident...I'd imagine. Wonder if he can lay the headbutt wood like Zidane? :)

Well, over the weekend the 'Skins cut Derrick Fenner so maybe that's a sign of things to come.

BTW, the Eagles snatched him off waivers, http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060726/SPORTS02/60726019.

What I don't know though is if he even occupied a spot on the official roster. I believe that he did since he was signed to a contract.

funny thing is they are gonna purge his head for info on the offense and then let him go. yes he did have a spot as he finished the season on the active roster due to the injuries.

Archived