Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bar/Game fights

Redskins75

There was only one time in a bar that I was involved in a "fight" over sports teams. I live in Cleveland and when I was around geez, I guess 24 or so I was at a bar watching the Browns play the Steelers, ...my one friend, smaller guy was a big Steeler fan and he had been rooting for Pitts, but he never trash talked or anything. Well the game was well in hand by the 4th quarter and we were just eating when these 2 drunk guys come up to my friend and start hasseling him. He sat there and smiled talked calmly to them and even said he had hoped Cleveland would get better so the rivalry would be better. Well, this one guy took his beer and poored it over my buddies head, now at that point they still did not realize that he was with me (I am 6'3 about 245lbs at the time, I played OLB Div 1 football) so I stood up and turned around and will never forget the look in these guys eye of "OH SH**!" I talked calmly as my friend dried himself off and laughed at the anticipation of what I was going to do. So by this time the bartender (sweet girl) was panicking and I turned to her and said "I think these guys are going to buy my friend here a couple beers, no make that pitchers or beer." They were trying to back away saying they were sorry the whole time, I kept saying "No you guys don't go anywhere were all going to enjoy some beer together" well the bartender had the pitchers full and my friend wasted no time thanking them and then proceeded to drench them with the pitchers,...they just took it an walked away........

Now typically I don't like to do stuff like that esspecially when I spent 4 years in college kinda being egged on to use my muscles and to do crazy stuff, ...but my friend is like the best guy I know and I really wanted to break these 2 in half so I was glad I was able to curb my anger and have fun at the same time.

Ah yes, well. I stayed away from the boards for a while after my incident as I was ashamed, not that I got into a fight, but that I might have ruined some of the other fans' times with the FedEx fight I was in. Anyhow, it went like this.

I live in NC and had driven up to D.C. on the fly for the Monday nighter against Dallas, got a cheap room, and had been drinking quite a bit of beer before even getting to the stadium, trying to catch that "perfect" buzz. There was only problem, I didn't have a chance to eat before, during, or at the game, and just kept chugging along during the game with beer after beer. I was joking with some of the Dallas fans around, giving them a hard time, in all good humor, others were giving a hard time, not in good humor, LoL. In any case, after Dallas scored during I think the 3rd quarter, I was pointing up to one of the Dallas fans I was going back and forth with jokingly and just say ahhh, whatever, blah blah blah, and some Cowpuke fan behind me sticks his head into my drunken vision area and starts to laugh like a little girl with a haha! look on his face. Well that set me off, as I wasn't even joking with him the whole game even though he was right behind me, 'cuz he seemed like a douchebag and then he tries to rub a Cowpuke touchdown in my face, don't think so! So we start swinging away at each other, right in the middle of the seats, as I was on about the 15th row in the upperdeck. So we are just swinging and I finally just throw his punk a** down every aisle, hopefully everyone was watching the fight and didn't get pummeled. So he comes climbing back up the seats and I was so ready to give my one final punch probably knocking him back down and unfortunately seriously injuring him, BUT, my girlfriend stands in the way of both of us and I can't get a good punch in and couldn't tell if he still wanted to fight or make any move. So, security, who didn't even see the fight, intervene and call him down to be dealt with, I sit down acting as if I wasn't involved and security was almost leaving until someone ratted me out, which I can't blame them, I, too would have wanted me out, I think I was cursing a lot and just being obnoxious. I couldn't tell who it was who ratted me out, because they were behind me and I wasn't about to face the crowd aftere embarrassing myself by fighting. Anyhow, I go down and plead with security how much we paid, and the trip, etc. and they sit us in 2 other available seats, which was so awesome of them. I then see, that my glasses, which were in my shirt pocket are missing, and have to go back there. So I go back and a couple of people start looking for them and they find them. There is another drunk as all guy there, who was cool, who said take a seat man, we're with ya, so I sit about 10 rows down in front of my original seat, just in time to see Rod Gardner catch a long pass and us not have any timeouts to try anything else. To sum it up, I will make sure to lighten the beer load next time and have something in my stomach before attempting any public event.

P.S. I think they kicked the Cowgirl fan out. :laugh:

First off, you are missing the point of the post. But, to set you straight, I do not have an anger issue or a problem. I kicked a door opened up in front of me when Ramsey threw a pick, so I could go back downstairs. It wasnt like I went up and started screaming at the door and tried to kick the **** out of it and break it. I kicked it and it happened to break. The bathroom door, well, the fact I barely even hit it with my left hand (I am right handed) and it cracked/pushed in was just my luck.

I have never hit, nor never will hit my wife or any woman for that matter. I will have to repeat myself again I guess, I didnt actually get into fights and yes I cracked a couple of doors over the years. I dont have any kids, and find it quite insulting that someone would jump to conclusions and asking if I beat my wife/dog/or kid. Sometimes people act stupid or do stupid things, I was just asking about the craziest stories people on here have seen or experienced. Don't read too much into this post and attempt to make it more than it is.

Sorry if I misunderstood your point, and I didn't mean to come off as lecturing you, but you definately sounded like the hot-head type in your first 9 posts (when you were drinking). You seem quite a bit different now. I've just grown up with people who have trouble controlling thier agression, so I may be more sensitive to that fact than most. :cheers:

I'm sorry to sound like the party-pooper here, but, again, if you MUST drink alcohol, PUH-LEEZE control your intake. Granted, I was raised in a home where alcohol was NOT available as a beverage, so I apologize in advance if I come off as high and mighty. But, in the last few years, I've seen waaaaaaay too many incidents that never would have occurred had a large amount of alcohol NOT been consumed. I've seen everything from fighting, to swearing viciously and throwing things at kids, to one woman I found laying down on the ground outside the stadium, crying hysterically and urinating on herself. Frankly, I think it's gotten ridiculous and I'm sick of seeing people getting hurt, hurting others and embarrassing themselves because they feel a football game is a license to drink at will.

I'm not trying to put anyone down or judge anyone. I'm just asking (pleading!) that you control your alcohol intake to avoid these situations. If not for you, do it to protect an innocent bystander who could be hurt because of your potential lack of control.

I've never gotten into a fight over a football game, but I have put a few holes in my wall and/or door of my bedroom at my mom's house over 12 years ago. The reason . . . OSU-Michigan. End of story. :)

I don't take sports as seriously now.

I'm sorry to sound like the party-pooper here, but, again, if you MUST drink alcohol, PUH-LEEZE control your intake. Granted, I was raised in a home where alcohol was NOT available as a beverage, so I apologize in advance if I come off as high and mighty. But, in the last few years, I've seen waaaaaaay too many incidents that never would have occurred had a large amount of alcohol NOT been consumed. I've seen everything from fighting, to swearing viciously and throwing things at kids, to one woman I found laying down on the ground outside the stadium, crying hysterically and urinating on herself. Frankly, I think it's gotten ridiculous and I'm sick of seeing people getting hurt, hurting others and embarrassing themselves because they feel a football game is a license to drink at will.

I'm not trying to put anyone down or judge anyone. I'm just asking (pleading!) that you control your alcohol intake to avoid these situations. If not for you, do it to protect an innocent bystander who could be hurt because of your potential lack of control.

I don't think he is the type that walks around beating people up for no reason.

Every country has people that are out of control and wild, it actually contributes jobs to the economy, if we didn't have rehabs where would the counselers work? Where would the prison guards work if we didn't have people getting arrrested on assault charges. What about the guys who fix holes in walls? What would they do if people didn't slam thier heads thru walls because of an interception? :cheers:

Sorry if I misunderstood your point, and I didn't mean to come off as lecturing you, but you definately sounded like the hot-head type in your first 9 posts (when you were drinking). You seem quite a bit different now. I've just grown up with people who have trouble controlling thier agression, so I may be more sensitive to that fact than most. :cheers:

Understandable. I also guess my first posts being about fights, etc. didn't portray me as a normal, easy going guy either :D

I've never gotten into a fight over a football game, but I have put a few holes in my wall and/or door of my bedroom at my mom's house over 12 years ago. The reason . . . OSU-Michigan. End of story. :)

I don't take sports as seriously now.

The name John Cooper comes to mind. :laugh:

The name John Cooper comes to mind. :laugh:

Oh man . . . I happened to turn it to ESPN Classic today and they were showing OSU-Michigan '97 at Ann(slut) Arbor. 20-14, etched in my memory. I turned it immediately! I'm so used to beating you guys now, I don't wanna reverse the trend.

Archived