Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Comeback (14-13), something to tide people over till training camp starts

sableholic

I suppose now would be a good time to bring up 26-3 and 31-17. Those scores represent one conceivable, and rather significant, way that Dallas does not, in fact, own Washington.

The very fact that the only thing that distuinguishes those games is they helped Washington to SBs, and Dallas has infact been to three more SBs and won two more, makes this a moot point. Dallas' postseason success still far excedes Washington's throughout the SB era. Let me ask you this: Would you rather be 0-2 against Dallas in the postseaosn but have two more world championships? Of course you would.

My point is that perhaps now Dallas fans will stop acting so spoiled about thier supposed entitlement to two wins a year over the Redskins, though judging from your post it appears you haven't.

I dont want to sound arrogant here, but the fact is, over the last decade, that has pretty much been the case. Washington was a guranteed two wins a year. The Cowboys/Redskins rivalry is like the Michigan/Michigan State rivalry. Yeah, they hate each other, but one team usually expects to beat the other on a routine basis.

So as long as you insist on holding yourself with such un-substantiated confidence here, you'd better hope that that confidence is justified over the upcoming year, because if it isn't, you could be in for another long season, and we'll just keep on making videos of it. :)

I have little doubt that both teams will make the postseason, and little doubt that they wont split the season series

It's also a known fact that ignorance is bliss

if that's the case, you must be the happiest person on the planet. but then again, if i only had memories to cling to, i'd probably have driven myself insane as well. let me guess, you fall into the group of dallas fans who is happy about the T.O. signing , don't you?

Sure thing, go ahead and double TO. Then watch Terry Glenn make Sean Taylor his personal whipping post on national television (again)

Want to stop Glenn too? Then watch Jason Witten truck Adam Archuleta

Wow. I've seen you go from reasonable and grounded to just way out there in a pretty short time. I think ES is getting to you :laugh:

It's hilarious how you Skins fans hold that game in such high regard, like it was a Super Bowl win or something. Don't get me wrong, it was an amazing comeback and I was in the stadium and absolutely shocked when it happened... but it was the 2nd week of the season.

It's just kind of funny. Is it because you had lost 14 of 15 before that night that made it so meaningful? Was it the Ring of Honor angle? Why do you all think so much of that one game?

OK:

1.) We HATE your team

2.) Our team spoiled the Dallas ring of fame induction ceramony for your "triplets"

3.) It was on national TV

4.) We were labeled as underdogs

5.) We were tired of hearing about how the Cowboys were superbowl contendors last year.

In all fairness, if anyone has ever deserved to have his leg snapped it half, it's Joe Theisman. What an *******

Classy, I hate your team very much but I do not wish pain on any of them, even TO.

:dallasuck

The very fact that the only thing that distuinguishes those games is they helped Washington to SBs, and Dallas has infact been to three more SBs and won two more, makes this a moot point. Dallas' postseason success still far excedes Washington's throughout the SB era. Let me ask you this: Would you rather be 0-2 against Dallas in the postseaosn but have two more world championships? Of course you would.

Rationalize it any way you wish. When our teams face eachother in the playoffs, we win. That's not Cowboy Ownership in any conceivable way.

I dont want to sound arrogant here, but the fact is, over the last decade, that has pretty much been the case. Washington was a guranteed two wins a year. The Cowboys/Redskins rivalry is like the Michigan/Michigan State rivalry. Yeah, they hate each other, but one team usually expects to beat the other on a routine basis.

Well genius, you're now starting to get the point. That was all true until the game we're talking about. We not only beat you that game. We CRUSHED you the next time we faced eachother, and in doing so leapfrogged you in the playoff race, effectively knocking you out of the playoffs.

By the way, over that past decade you've been crowing about, Cowboy sweeps never knocked us out of the playoffs and vaulted you into them. Either you sucked, we sucked, or we both sucked. I mean, if our playoff wins meant nothing because you have a better playoff record, I guess your sweeps of 99, 00 and 01 mean nothing either because we had a better overall record those years, right?

Fact is, since you're run started in 97 the only time we've both been in the race, the only time these games have mattered to BOTH teams, we won them. Just like the times we've faced eachother in the playoffs.

But hey, keep on puffing your chest out about your sweeps during your 5-11 jaunts. I'll promise to try and be impressed. :)

In any case, it's a rivalry again. Which is why we're big on that particular game. I don't know why this has to be spelled out for some of you.

I have little doubt that both teams will make the postseason, and little doubt that they wont split the season series

Not quite sure what you mean by this, but if you're saying you have no doubt you'll sweep us, consider that prediction noted, and saved for posterity. Just like the guy who wrote tha brilliant piece right before we beat ya 14-13. :)

And yet, Dallas still owns Washington is every conceivable way. What's your point?

Except when it counts. Seems to me every time the skins and cowboys meet in a playoff or playoff type game the skins win. Look back on the history before you talk smack. I realize the cowboys have owned the skins recently. But think about it. it was 2 bad teams playing. So the games were meaningless. The game at fed ex last seasdon was a very important game for both teams and the Skins killed the cowboys. Check the score on that one again man. 5 sacks 4 turnovers if memory serves right.

Rationalize it any way you wish. When our teams face eachother in the playoffs, we win. That's not Cowboy Ownership in any conceivable way.

Well genius, you're now starting to get the point. That was all true until the game we're talking about. We not only beat you that game. We CRUSHED you the next time we faced eachother, and in doing so leapfrogged you in the playoff race, effectively knocking you out of the playoffs.

By the way, over that past decade you've been crowing about, Cowboy sweeps never knocked us out of the playoffs and vaulted you into them. Either you sucked, we sucked, or we both sucked. I mean, if our playoff wins meant nothing because you have a better playoff record, I guess your sweeps of 99, 00 and 01 mean nothing either because we had a better overall record those years, right?

Fact is, since you're run started in 97 the only time we've both been in the race, the only time these games have mattered to BOTH teams, we won them. Just like the times we've faced eachother in the playoffs.

But hey, keep on puffing your chest out about your sweeps during your 5-11 jaunts. I'll promise to try and be impressed. :)

In any case, it's a rivalry again. Which is why we're big on that particular game. I don't know why this has to be spelled out for some of you.

Not quite sure what you mean by this, but if you're saying you have no doubt you'll sweep us, consider that prediction noted, and saved for posterity. Just like the guy who wrote tha brilliant piece right before we beat ya 14-13. :)

Sorry, meant to say I have little doubt the season series will be a spilt.

And as far as the second game in Washington, you guys really need to stop acting like that was a true indication of the Cowboys. We had 6 starters out to injury and 2 others playing hurt. Not syaing Dallas would have won, but it wouldnt have been 35-7

Wow. I've seen you go from reasonable and grounded to just way out there in a pretty short time. I think ES is getting to you :laugh:

I really fail to see what you are talking about

Witten: 6'5", 264 pounds

Archuleta: 6'0", 221 pounds

Like firing a BB at an oncoming train

if that's the case, you must be the happiest person on the planet. but then again, if i only had memories to cling to, i'd probably have driven myself insane as well. let me guess, you fall into the group of dallas fans who is happy about the T.O. signing , don't you?

I hate TO with the burning intensity of a thousand suns

However, if he takes us to the promised land, I'll get over it pretty quick :D

What a great game that was....The Cowboys had their 3 greatest players there for the Ring of Fame Induction, it was Monday Night, they had a 13 point lead with 4 minutes left. 4 minutes wasn't even enough time to stop Mark Brunell from running up and down the field, the throw 2 amazing catches to Santana Moss. You could see the disparage in the eyes of the Cowboys fans there, even Jerry Jones left in disgust. The next time around it definitely didn't get any better.

Archived