• Portis
    • Moss
    • Taylor
    • Cooley
    • Arch
    • A.R.E
    • Washington
    • Other

Sorry all, but I am going to do whatever I can to hopefully grab attention for this request. For those of you that live in the area, if you could somehow record George Michael's (WRC Channel 4 Sports) coverage of our Beloved Redskins, especially Saturday Night's "The Redskin Report" and upload it on to the net. I live in Nebraska and if you ask how can a Redskin Fan especially a long time Redskin Fan (1969) live in Nebraska, the answer is simple, I went into the U.S. Air Force right out of high school and haven't been back, extenuating circumstance. I grew up on the Northern side (Md.) of the Potomac. I have to rely on ESPN, and the NFL Network to see taped coverage and even then, to me, it seems bias against the Redskins. Just this morning on "Cold Pizza" some sports writer speculated "The Giants and The Cowboys." I am out in the cold here when it comes to seeing objective analysis of our team. Please Help. My E-Mail address if needed is Grumpy627@msn.com

I can access Redskins videos i.e. youtube.com and see all the highlights of the Redskins and Torreas your videos are pretty good too, and I can get triple X radio but I would like to see the actual local TV programs covering our Redskins. Coverage I can not get any other way, such as the sports news from Channels 4 (WRC), 5 (WTTG), 7 (WJLA), and or 9 (WUSA). The best coverage comes from George Michael at channel 4 and "The Redskins Report" that comes on Saturday night that has also Sonny Jurgensen, I think John (Riggo the Diesel) Riggins, Michael Wilbon I think makes an appearance etc... I only see what short video WRC put on their website (NBC4.com) but it only teases. Again please help.. I am home sick for the news..

I can access Redskins videos i.e. youtube.com and see all the highlights of the Redskins and Torreas your videos are pretty good too, and I can get triple X radio but I would like to see the actual local TV programs covering our Redskins. Coverage I can not get any other way, such as the sports news from Channels 4 (WRC), 5 (WTTG), 7 (WJLA), and or 9 (WUSA). The best coverage comes from George Michael at channel 4 and "The Redskins Report" that comes on Saturday night that has also Sonny Jurgensen, I think John (Riggo the Diesel) Riggins, Michael Wilbon I think makes an appearance etc... I only see what short video WRC put on their website (NBC4.com) but it only teases. Again please help.. I am home sick for the news..

it sint chan 4 but with directtv you can have comcast sports. get your game on

I second this request! I have subscribed to NFL Sunday Ticket since 1995. In the first year or two, they ran "Redskins Report" with Sonny and Riggo and George Michael for about half of the season, as part of the Coaches shows. Then, sometime around '97 or '98, they started running that HORRIBLE show with Andy Polian. For about the last 5-6 years, they haven't run ANY Redskins shows. On the other hand, they seem to run the damn Crackgirlz show almost every week! (You know, they ARE "America's Team!" :puke: )

I have written the pinheads at DirecTV and the NFL and complained all but the last two years. I just gave up. So if someone wouldn't mind doing what Grumpy requested and upload "Redskins Report" to YouTube or similar each week, that would just be smashing! I know this might be a gray area as to copyright and crap, but who cares about that nonsense anyway! :laugh:

I also would like to keep the thread in the limelight as well, hoping that you all lucky ones would and could oblige us unfortuate ones with this most sincere request... All we have to get our news and to see our Redskins, and this away from the D.C. metro area, is ESPN (NFL Live, NFL Countdown) when they do live interviews, FOX Sports on Sundays at their whim, NFL Network again at their whim... so the some of us are feeling deprived... cheating... and begfully make this request... some one anyone... We love the Redskins tooo.. and are on the frontlines battling why are team is better... often out numbered... and out informed...

Well...I can sum it up for ya...Sonny says the Skins will win...and tell ya how...George says there is NO WAY the Skins can lose, but better watch our for (inset excuse here so he can waffle on his desicion), Riggins says week 1 that the Skins will be 8-8 but by week 4 has them going 12-4. Wilbon says that the Skins have no shot vs the Bears but loves Greg Williams and his D. Tony K. or Wise will call George and Sonny HOMERS about 5 times a show and Tony will not be breaking out the Bandwagon this week! That being said...I couldnt live without it during the season either! :D :laugh: :helmet:

I also would like to keep the thread in the limelight as well, hoping that you all lucky ones would and could oblige us unfortuate ones with this most sincere request... All we have to get our news and to see our Redskins, and this away from the D.C. metro area, is ESPN (NFL Live, NFL Countdown) when they do live interviews, FOX Sports on Sundays at their whim, NFL Network again at their whim... so the some of us are feeling deprived... cheating... and begfully make this request... some one anyone... We love the Redskins tooo.. and are on the frontlines battling why are team is better... often out numbered... and out informed...

In CO (from D.C.)Hey Grumpy how do you get triple X in Nebraska.

I pay to get Comcast on DirecTV, and I love the PostGame and Monday Night Live, but I would still love to see Redskins Report before each game.

Same here. Comcast on DirecTV does a good job of covering the Redskins.

Grumpy, you can actually get the occassional video of George Michaels Redskins Report online if you go to: http://www.nbc4.com/nfl088/index.html

But, not being in the DC area, I too would like to see Redskins Report on a daily basis, and would echo your request.

Thanks "TahoeSkin" I couldn't remember what the website is and I haven't had a chance to listen to Riggo as of yet... I do wish I could have caught him when he had Coach JG on... I'd love to heard what Coach had to say.... But the more that we keep this going... the more hope we can have that someone may oblige our request...

Well...I can sum it up for ya...Sonny says the Skins will win...and tell ya how...George says there is NO WAY the Skins can lose, but better watch our for (inset excuse here so he can waffle on his desicion), Riggins says week 1 that the Skins will be 8-8 but by week 4 has them going 12-4. Wilbon says that the Skins have no shot vs the Bears but loves Greg Williams and his D. Tony K. or Wise will call George and Sonny HOMERS about 5 times a show and Tony will not be breaking out the Bandwagon this week! That being said...I couldnt live without it during the season either! :D :laugh: :helmet:

Wow you just summed up every Redskins Report in a nutshell! hahaha :applause::laugh:

But i wouldn't have it any other way!

why can't you guys get a slingbox and have someone here pulg it into their TV and internet so you guys can watch it on your computer? I think that would be the easiest way of doing things because you can watch the games live and the pre and post game shows as well.

I just wanta make it clear... because it starting to seem that this thing is starting to be mis understood... the request is for someone or some people.. diehard Redskin fans that live in and or around the D.C. Metro area to record any local Redskin news or local news about the Redskins... specifically when it starts.. on Saturday night at 7:00 pm on Channel 4 "The Redskin Report" with George Michael and crew... The Redskins have fans all over the nation and limited access to video news reports... So please Help us..... A few volunteers

I've been re reading this post and to me it comes off harsh but I did not mean it to be... Sorry.. It is just that with the other posts that I am reading.. I am getting the idea that the point is getting or being lost... or detoured.. and I want to try to keep it on track... Thanks ...

I found a few small clips from tv that I made back in January. Not Redskin Report, just some interviews and redskin fans down in Tampa.

I put them on youtube in case you feel like watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EmNaN2QrlM

Redskins Fans Greeting Team In Tampa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF-1sZqg-fw

SportsCenter clip on Redskins going into post season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA9kRPhy_ZI

Comcast Sportsnight interview with Santana Moss

:eaglesuck

Hey Grump

I posted the interview with Coach Gibbs here, if you have any problems getting it to play IM me.

Coach Gibbs interview: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=28CM49LO

I will also be posting clips of Riggins show here incase anyone missed something and wants to hear it later.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160922

Im in the same boat.. I miss all the local DC coverage and since Danny has given us Red Zebra I've been happy as could be. But I do miss the old Redskins Magizine. They used to show it here on the local Fox Sports Net channel but not anymore...

Gracelander and ncsuapex... I appreciate what you have done... the 2 minute report from Channel 7 that you put on youtube is exactly what I've been looking for... local news coverage of the Redskins.. as for the Joe Gibbs interview.. I couldn't access it so "ncsuapes" how do I im you to findout how..? Again.. I want to try to keep this upfront so that the more people that read what is posted and hopefully other people will start posting more.. and the more that the request can be made.. and if there is anything that I can do.. don't hesitate to ask.. i.e. news of the Nebraska Cornhuskers but I know that this is not the forum for that...

Archived