Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Okay, who is with me on this?

FunBunch7

I think that in the 3rd or 4th quarter of our season opener when we put the nail in the coffin against the Vikings...Moss, Randel El, Lloyd, Cooley, Portis, and Brunell should do the old "Fun Bunch" Leap in the end zone after a score. I know it will be a 15 yard penalty...but with all the TD dances we have seen by "individuals" the last couple years, this would be the ULTIMATE team expression...penalty not withstanding.

Reading the posts about the Fun Bunch got me thinking.

It could be like...Fun Bunch Generation X or something...the highlight would almost certainly be shown all season.

National Audience?

Monday Night?

Whose with me?

If anything, they should create their own endzone celebration. If it's just a one time thing, I wouldn't be too mad.

I don't really like the idea of just handing the ball to the official. I mean scoring is the core of football. If you don't get excited when you score then why even play? I don't mean use the pylon as a golf club, but you have to get pumped up. Getting everyone pumped up grabs the momentum for your team, thats why you need to celebrate.

Chad Johnson rows boats, whipes diapers, serves food...Steve Smith fights with a sword and dry humps the goal, T.O. does, well, what T.O. does, etc.

All of that is outlawed in the NFL this year. You have to be careful. No props. Not the ball, the pilons or the goalposts. No Fun League.

I LOVED the Fun Bunch in its hey day, but I really don't like taunting. That's not cool and it can come back to bite you. When we score, just hand the ball to the nearest offical and act like you've been in the end zone before. Keep it classy.

I'm with stwasm. Riggins and Barry Sanders always handed the ball to the ref. 2 classy players.

With that said, I can't understand how the NFL can be so hypocritical. They want to get rid of indiviualistic showboating, yet they ban team celebrations. Doesn't make sense. If only one man can celebrate, the other 10 guys have to just stand there and watch him. Stupid NFL.

All of that is outlawed in the NFL this year. You have to be careful. No props. Not the ball, the pilons or the goalposts. No Fun League.

But doing a high five has no props.

As the original poster, I realized this would probably be a penalty but once the game is out of reach...say up 21 in the 2nd half.

I think that in the 3rd or 4th quarter of our season opener when we put the nail in the coffin against the Vikings...Moss, Randel El, Lloyd, Cooley, Portis, and Brunell should do the old "Fun Bunch" Leap in the end zone after a score. I know it will be a 15 yard penalty...but with all the TD dances we have seen by "individuals" the last couple years, this would be the ULTIMATE team expression...penalty not withstanding.

Reading the posts about the Fun Bunch got me thinking.

It could be like...Fun Bunch Generation X or something...the highlight would almost certainly be shown all season.

National Audience?

Monday Night?

Whose with me?

Not I, said the little grey duck. As nostalgic as it would be, it would NOT be the "Fun Bunch." Ever.

Besides, I believe that would be violating the new Endzone Celebration rule...we really don't need that...do we?

But doing a high five has no props.

As the original poster, I realized this would probably be a penalty but once the game is out of reach...say up 21 in the 2nd half.

No. To me, that would seem like an attention getting kind of thing. That is not what this team is about. The original "Fun Bunch" was started for Art Monk, who broke his leg & was unable to play in the playoffs in 1981. Doc Walker got with the "Smurfs" & they decided that after each TD, they would do something to honor Art Monk. THEN, it had significance. Now, it would just be for...well, attention. And that's not what this team was built for.

Just my :2cents:

Archived