Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why We Aren't Favored by the Media.

Kindred

Why We Aren't Favored by the Media.

Being favored by the media doesn't win football games, coaching and players do. I wish all these "we aren't getting media respect" threads would stop. WHO CARES. We'll take care of business on the football field and that's all that counts. You people that live and die by what the media says are going to die of heart attacks by the time your 40. STOP IT, for your own health.

Look, Danny Boy made his own bed. He's been arrogant, overbearing and obnoxious. Not surprising that the media hates him and the Skins as a result.

I really shouldn't even respond to this but I just get so tired of some people bashing Dan Synder. Once again, I have to believe that he made the moves he made in order to win. If he had not of done them then some would complain about that.

I agree that the reason the media has a "dislike" for our team is because of their "dislike" for Snyder. That being said, I am proud to say I am a fan of the Washington Redskins, owned by Mr. Daniel Snyder. HTTR! :helmet:

The league hates Dan because he pays people and can afford to do it with the most profitable program in the league. We hated him because he used to pay big $ for big names at the end of their careers. Coaches included. But he did what the Richardsons and other could never do. He got Gibbs back.

The media thought Gibbs wouldn't be able to adjust to the game and players nowadays. Well we all know that's a load of BS. Our guys love him. The man is a winner, and that's what the quality of players we have want to do. Not guys just looking for a payday like TO and others. They want to be Redskins. If not, you're gone like Coles.

There has been a lot of compliments about the Skins so far, but as we will all agree, our QB (whoever plays) needs to play well. Not great, but that would be nice to.

I think the new system will keep Brunell from getting hit and recievers better just catch it when he gets it there. He's still got and arm with touch regardless of who you listen to.

After we win it all this year, I'll bet the media predicts a repeat next year.

Ill never understand why fans (ours in particular) take media predictions so personally. The whole "The media is out to get us and our owner" mentallity is getting so old. The media is gonna say what they feel based on their own personal biases just like every fan on ES and I think everyone should just take media predictions for what they are: one fan's interpretation of the facts.

Who cares what Lenny P or Dr Z or Peter King think. Our team is good, but we dont yet know whether they are great. In our division we have just as much chance of finishing last as first but what we do know is that we have a great coach who will have our boys playing hard and together, and that is something we can be proud of regardless of media predictions or even what happens on the field.

Hail.

We arent favored by the media because of Dan Snyder.

Personally, i love the guy as an owner, but he hasnt exactly endeared himself to the media. Many media guys simply hold a grudge such as Dr. Z, Lenny P, and Tom Jackson. Its not exactly professional, but it is what it is.

****em.

This although not breaking news is exactly why I feel there is a media bias towards the skins.

I would say there are a few current things which are 'blinding' the media into not regarding us so highly.

Seeing as how they are on the Defensive bandwagon, and consistantly laud praises on GW, the issue must lie with our offense.

Perceived weaknesses/misconceptions:

- Gibbs has lost touch, plays to conservatively, uses outdated schemes, etc

- Lack of faith in Brunnel. After MB's poor performance 2 years ago, the media quickly concluded he was to old, lost his touch, injury prone, we overpaid, etc. They view his resurgance as shortlived and attribute our poor performance at the end of last season partially to him.

- Lack of viable WR's outside of moss. They were nonplussed with Patton, and TJ is a running joke (haaaa pun).

Now even though we've addressed pretty much all of the issues above, the one key remaining element is MB. They simply dont trust him anymore and havent seen enough from JC to conclude anything from.

To be fair, I think everything will hinge on MB's endurance. I think he has all the tools, but his biggest weakness is that he will continue to play after getting injured to the hinderence of the team. While admirable, this does not help us. He needs to know when to take himself out, whether for injury or endurance reasons.

At some point, JC is going to need to face the lions. The reason not to will always be the same (he's got no experience). But you could ride that one forever...

I don't care what a fat critic has to say sitting behind a desk!

One thing I know is that I have faith in this team.

This is Gibb's team and he don't care about being the favorite just as long as we're in the post season playing for a title!!!!!!!

Brunell will be fine. This isn't a complicated offense that leaves you out to dry : SS

And if push comes to injury, then that will be the last you see brunell.

If JC gets his chance then you'll see why Gibbs moved up in the draft to get him..

HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dallasuck :dallasuck

Archived