Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

660 WFAN (new york)Radio this evening

RyansRangers

A host name I believe steve burkhart was taking calls from NY listeners one asked to assess the Defense of the Giants.

His response was probably the best and most honest I have heard. He said that the addition of Lavar Arrington was a no brainer as far a signing and he will bring a presence to the Defense.

He warned Giants fans that you will Curse him as Much as you cheer for him. He said that he will make some great plays and play great games but there will be games where you will just wonder where he is and why he is never is in a spot to make a tackle..

He said that the Redskins will not miss him on the defense and will be fine with out him, but it was an overall good signing for the giants.

Except for all the bellyaching he does. Can't leave that out. It's as much a part of who he is as his play on the field.

He's gonna be hard pressed to get any attention what with the whiners already on that team. Shockey, Plax can give him a run for his money when it comes to jawin'.

I can't help myself, it gives me a smile every time I bring up Shockey standing on the field during a live play and jawin' at the refs while Lemar is truckin the opposite way with the ball. Best Shockey moment ever.

:D

Giants' fans in general are going to LOVE Lavar this season. He's going to make some big time plays for them, just like he always did for us. The REAL fans, however, who we all know are few and far between, will see how for every great play he makes he misses a routine play, will see him for who he truly is -- a vastly overrated OLB.

I love Lavar, don't get me wrong. I was heartbroken to see him leave for NY. But that was based on the fact that I thought GW and staff could fix him. I don't know what the Giants' defensive staff are telling him to do, but if its too specific, I think he'll flip out.

Who knows, though!! I wish LA the best......

Considering their 'Me-first' personnel, the Giants are going to be the 2005 Eagles....6-10.

Not sure about that... Eli would have to regress for them to go 6-10 and I'm just not sure that will happen. This is not to say they won't decline from last year, but 6-10 is a big drop.

A host name I believe steve burkhart was taking calls from NY listeners one asked to assess the Defense of the Giants.

His response was probably the best and most honest I have heard. He said that the addition of Lavar Arrington was a no brainer as far a signing and he will bring a presence to the Defense.

He warned Giants fans that you will Curse him as Much as you cheer for him. He said that he will make some great plays and play great games but there will be games where you will just wonder where he is and why he is never is in a spot to make a tackle..

He said that the Redskins will not miss him on the defense and will be fine with out him, but it was an overall good signing for the giants.

I agree with most of it although I don't think fans ever wonder where he is. You always know where he is because even when he is out of position he is going 100 mph. What Giants fans will see is Lavar nearly making a play and then arguing with their buddy whose man that was that just made the big gain.

Not sure about that... Eli would have to regress for them to go 6-10 and I'm just not sure that will happen. This is not to say they won't decline from last year, but 6-10 is a big drop.

No way NY goes 6-10. I've yet to read one analyst predict Eli to have a good season...it really could happen. Peyton sucked his first couple years, and while it's dumb to compare Eli to Peyton, he is still a good quarterback and will improve. The Lavar addition will help more than hurt, he's still a good player barring injuries. If I had to predict the East now, it'd be Skins, Gmen, Boys, Eagles.

Archived