Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FPS on pc. Any advice?

Sherlock Holmes

I really enjoyed playing and completing Call Of Duty last year......and with my Summer break from school coming up, I fancy a new challenge. So, are there any first person shooters that you can reccomend buying? Preferably war games, but doesnt have to be. Pc format please. And also ones that have already been released and have multiplayer/lots of depth.

Thanks in advance!:cheers:

Battlefield 2?

Agreed. I'm personally not a fan of most FPS games as they seem all the same to me, but this one stands out. Just make sure you have twice the PC that's required if your going to play online with others. It's a very demanding game.

I liked Star Wars Battlefront II for a while... It was a nice change up from the regular run-and-gun FPS I used to play.

Unreal Tournament will be a favorite of mine (2004) and I'm really looking forward to being able to see 2007 come out so I can see it in action on my own screen (which I'll probably have to get a whole new computer just to play the damn thing. The screenshots are absolutely stunning: http://www.beyondunreal.com/main/ut2007/about.php )

Counter Strike: Source

The best FPS ever.

No. CSS just goes to show you consumers aren't as demanding as people tend to think they are. They updated the engine and basically released the same game you already had and made you pay for it.

Having said that CSS is a good game. Certainly better then the Quake and UT outdated shooters that still haven't gotten past the 50mph foot speed and rocket spam dynamic that was created 10 years ago. BF2 is better IMO because it has vehicles and the most advanced team communication system of any shooter.

Later in the year we'll get QUAKE Wars (which I'm thinking is going to be a let down) and the new Battlefield 2142. I'd like to see another Jedi Knight as good as the 2nd one was but I won't hold my breath, Lucas Arts is a terrible company.

BF2 is just plain fun. There are so many more cinematic things you can do. Like blowing up a transport helicopter full of troops with a man portable rocket, or planting c4 on an enemy tank, or sabotaging an enemy base or carrier, or... I could go on for a while. It is the most fun FPS I have played.

Archived