Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anti-semitism in Christianity lay the foundation for the Holocaust?

chomerics

Chom,

There is no anti-Semitism in the Bible, which is the early teachings of Christianity. Man took the words that were spoken and formed teachings that they used to spread anti-Semitism. That is the point you are missing. You keep insisting that Christianity teaches anti-Semitism instead of man using Christianity to justify anti-Semitism, which is no different than UBL using Islam to teach radicalism....

There are the undertones of anti-Semitism in the bible which were used by man to persecute Jewish people.

Can you agree to that?

Nice contribution in every way, mgs. And Beaudry & Chom are communicating! This is become more like what I've been saying: that these general themes have long been a common topic of conversation in many circles and there's a lot of good purpose to it. The process is made easier and more rewarding without so much emotional reactivity and keeping the defensive/attacking dynamics (both real and imagined) to a minimum.

What I was looking for in this thread was other peoples thoughts on the matter, and to explore some of the anti-Semitical things in the NT, as well as the foundation of the church.

Ok, I'm with you when it comes to anti-Semitism within the Church (we might have a disagreement about the FOUNDATION), but I don't think I can go there concerning anti-Semitism within the New Testament documents.

So lets get at it then. What's contained in the New Testament documents themselves that are anti-Semetic?

Ok, I'm with you when it comes to anti-Semitism within the Church (we might have a disagreement about the FOUNDATION), but I don't think I can go there with concerning anti-Semitism within the New Testament documents.

So lets get at it then. What's contained in the New Testament documents themselves that are anti-Semetical?

I am eager to hear this too :)

Unless you twist interpretations I have never seen it, in fact there is quite a number of things that point to the Jews remaining God's chosen.

It is more a matter in the NT of Him opening up His favor to include the filthy dog gentiles ;)

As is the custom here, when someone googles "anti-semitism in the new testament", there should be at least several more pages of dialogue. May I take this time to suggest remembering the religious and secular worthiness of the theme of loving thy brother as the discusssion continues. :D

Archived