Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Happy Birthday

NavyDave

I'd feel a little more enthusiastic about this birthday if we didn't have soldiers overseas torturing, raping, and killing people - Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo, the rape and murder of the girl in Mahmoudiya...and for every disgusting incident that comes out in the news, how many go unreported or undiscovered? Instead of making legal arguments about why the Geneva Convention doesn't apply to some "enemy combatants," maybe it would help if Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld would come out and say "we are not going to torture or mistreat anyone, period." It does a disservice to all those who have served the country with honor and distinction, not to mention the principles of individual rights and due process of law on which this country's foundation was laid. I just can't get too excited about this birthday.

Disgusting!..........:doh:

For Gods sake, take your anti America bashing to another Web site. This is a forum about the Redskins.

You have the freedom to say what you want, just have the common sense to post it where it belongs. Not here.

I'd feel a little more enthusiastic about this birthday if we didn't have soldiers overseas torturing, raping, and killing people - Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo, the rape and murder of the girl in Mahmoudiya...and for every disgusting incident that comes out in the news, how many go unreported or undiscovered? Instead of making legal arguments about why the Geneva Convention doesn't apply to some "enemy combatants," maybe it would help if Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld would come out and say "we are not going to torture or mistreat anyone, period." It does a disservice to all those who have served the country with honor and distinction, not to mention the principles of individual rights and due process of law on which this country's foundation was laid. I just can't get too excited about this birthday.

If it weren't for the fact that my response would put me on permanent vacation here (Hi TailGate) I'd educate the ignorant and cluelesss liberal types who can't go one day atleast pretending to love country.

I agree with a lot of what you say. War is disgusting.

I can't believe that someone would take so much heat for a nonviolent message. I agree that posting it here was tactless, but people should let the man have his word. He does have a point.

Please the guy is in liberal Seattle home of ovepriced coffee, a buggy expensive OS system, grunge music and barnyard follies videos.

Spewing expected nonsense from the typical liberal blogs.

What do they know about patriotism except the freedom to snivel?

Please the guy is in liberal Seattle home of ovepriced coffee, a buggy expensive OS system, grunge music and barnyard follies videos.

Spewing expected nonsense from the typical liberal blogs.

What do they know about patriotism except the freedom to snivel?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cheers:

My brother, who got home in March, is looking over my shoulder lol'ing.

I agree with a lot of what you say. War is disgusting.

I can't believe that someone would take so much heat for a nonviolent message. I agree that posting it here was tactless, but people should let the man have his word. He does have a point.

He's absolutely being afforded the opportunity to speak his mind. The flip side is he's going to hear a counter viewpoint.

My heated response stems from my own service, and although I'm as disgusted as anyone when soldiers and Marines commit reprehensible acts, I also know from personal experience the extreme stress they're under, and how chaotic many of these situations are. Crimes such as the one's described are not 'common' - and he certainly implies they are. Thats a pretty bold position to take.

Some here talk about individuals blindly accepting what their Govt tells them. I believe it is foolish to not cast a skeptic's eye towards everything our Govt tells us. However, the only thing more foolish is to believe what you read and see in the print, television, and web media as 'the truth'. 'The truth' is a fluid elusive thing. And unless you participated in one of these situations personally, you may never know what 'the truth' is - you can believe you know, but you don't. And that fact would tend to make me very hesitant to cast judgement so quickly.

He's absolutely being afforded the opportunity to speak his mind. The flip side is he's going to hear a counter viewpoint.

My heated response stems from my own service, and although I'm as disgusted as anyone when soldiers and Marines commit reprehensible acts, I also know from personal experience the extreme stress they're under, and how chaotic many of these situations are. Crimes such as the one's described are not 'common' - and he certainly implies they are. Thats a pretty bold position to take.

Some here talk about individuals blindly accepting what their Govt tells them. I believe it is foolish to not cast a skeptic's eye towards everything our Govt tells us. However, the only thing more foolish is to believe what you read and see in the print, television, and web media as 'the truth'. 'The truth' is a fluid elusive thing. And unless you participated in one of these situations personally, you may never know what 'the truth' is - you can believe you know, but you don't. And that fact would tend to make me very hesitant to cast judgement so quickly.

Alot of the problem is that the media hates the president so much that the coverage slants to the negative and good stories or successes out of Afghanistan and Iraq are rarely seen in the Post or the Times if not outright ignored (WMDs) and you have only one cable channel (Fox) that gives 5 to 10 minutes to it.

I personally interacted with the locals in 4 war torn areas especially the orphans but now that would be an exploitable weakness that would land me on a boatride down the river Styx.

Archived