Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biggest come-from-behind Skins game you have wittnessed IN PERSON

FunBunch7

CPStretch, Tim......Sam.......what's the difference? ;) (But you are correct)

KingArthur, the game you're referring to was actually in the '83 season. I think we were up 20-7 at one point but then the Raiders steamrolled ahead 35-20 before the late heroics. Too bad the Raiduhs got their revenge in the Super Bowl :mad:

This would be it for me too. It was a great game, but I never felt the Skins were out of it. It was back and forth all day. And it is a great game to watch again on DVD. As the clock starts winding down in the fourth quarter and we're trailing by 15, you start to wonder if we really did win that game! :)

Hail,

H

Raiders v Redskins

Nothing I can remember comes close to this comeback in the games that I have attended. I think it was the 91 season.

I invited a friend of mine to the game that had never been to RFK before and after Cliff Branch returned a punt for a TD with about 6minutes to go, we were down 35-17 he thought the game3 was over and actually wanted to leave. The crowd was rowdy all day. I seemed like the air was sucked out of the stadium after Branch's touchdown, but nobody was leaving . Needless to say we stayed and we watched Joe Washington catch a touchdown pass right in front of us on the last play of the game.

For those of you that have never seen this game, I would highly recommend getting a copy of this game. It is the best game you have never heard of..

Greatest regular season game I can remember.

PJ Footballer, I was at that game in Detroit as well. What a comeback and the beauty of it all was that the Silverdome had emptied out of most of the Lions "faithful" and it was just the Skins travelling fans left. Rutledge had a career in the 4th quarter aided by Fontes deciding NOT to run Barry Saunders at all in the 4th quarter. It was great leaving the stadium and looking at all the shocked Lions fans trying to tailgate!

wow u went to the game..

same with me fun bunch.. i also went to the game... every game besides that, the skins get a big lead in the first quarter and from there its cruise control. i been to about 10 games in my lifetime, and the skins are 8-2... ive been to only 1 game in any of gibbs tenure.. so 8-2 is pretty well... my worst loss is the 27-0 cowboys loss after the big snow storm

the other game is where mcnabb had about 180 rushing yards, and that was terrible

Wow to be 19 and have seen ten games already. I have only seen four games Darrel Greens last game which we beat dallas, last year redskins and broncos, six years ago redskins and broncos, and a season ending loss to the cards probley seven years ago where the kicker on the cards had his hands in his pants at the end of the game acting like he was playing with himself(someone may reminder that if you sat on the opp side 50yd close to the field:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck :point2sky .

Raiders v Redskins

Nothing I can remember comes close to this comeback in the games that I have attended. I think it was the 91 season.

I invited a friend of mine to the game that had never been to RFK before and after Cliff Branch returned a punt for a TD with about 6minutes to go, we were down 35-17 he thought the game3 was over and actually wanted to leave. The crowd was rowdy all day. I seemed like the air was sucked out of the stadium after Branch's touchdown, but nobody was leaving . Needless to say we stayed and we watched Joe Washington catch a touchdown pass right in front of us on the last play of the game.

For those of you that have never seen this game, I would highly recommend getting a copy of this game. It is the best game you have never heard of..

Actually, this game was played in 1983 and I was lucky enough to be in attendance. I remember the Skins scoring and then actually recovering an onside kick which led to Joe Washington's game-winning TD catch and a 37-35 victory. Definitely the greatest comeback I ever saw in person.

Mine was the Seahawks game in 2003...we were down 14-3 already then we get picked off and the Seahawk CB was going infor the TD to make it 21-3 but Coles stripped him on the goal line and we recovered in the end zone for a touch back. The score remained 14-3 then we went down the field for a TD and eventually won the game.

The Dallas game last year.

Right behind the Redskin bench......listening to all the boys be loud and boring.

Until.....................

It was awesome.

Blondie

Actually, this game was played in 1983 and I was lucky enough to be in attendance. I remember the Skins scoring and then actually recovering an onside kick which led to Joe Washington's game-winning TD catch and a 37-35 victory. Definitely the greatest comeback I ever saw in person.

I was 15 and in the hospital to repair my Aorta (birth defect) and my nurse had to calm me down. We were down 35-20 and came back to win 37-35. This was October 2, 1983. I had my surgery 09/27/83. I always remember that day. Too bad we couldn't have done it again in the SB. Damn Jack Squirek.

Archived