Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biggest come-from-behind Skins game you have wittnessed IN PERSON

FunBunch7

Mine was the Seahawks game in 2003...we were down 14-3 already then we get picked off and the Seahawk CB was going infor the TD to make it 21-3 but Coles stripped him on the goal line and we recovered in the end zone for a touch back. The score remained 14-3 then we went down the field for a TD and eventually won the game.

I would have to say last year's Dallas game on MNF. It was just too perfect. I'll never forget that game... NEVER.

wow u went to the game..

same with me fun bunch.. i also went to the game... every game besides that, the skins get a big lead in the first quarter and from there its cruise control. i been to about 10 games in my lifetime, and the skins are 8-2... ive been to only 1 game in any of gibbs tenure.. so 8-2 is pretty well... my worst loss is the 27-0 cowboys loss after the big snow storm

the other game is where mcnabb had about 180 rushing yards, and that was terrible

Win: Probably the one against the Panthers in '99 when they were ahead like 21-0 in the first quarter.....their RB Sam Biakbatuka (I know I butchered that spelling!) was going wild but then Seifert pulled him. We got hot in the second quarter and took the lead, and then eventually won the game (think it was 38-36). Of course there was also the game two years later against the Panthers as well where we were trailing 14-0 late until Arrington's interception return gave us life and we won in OT.

Loss: In '98 we started out 0-7 but then won a few home games against the Giants and Eagles. We had a game against the Cardinals and Arizona was winning 31-6 at halftime and the crowd booed the crap out of the Skins as they were leaving the field. We made a great comeback in the second half to pull within three a few times (crowd was going nuts!) but I remember the Cardinals eventually won like 45-42.

Couple of Carolina games:

Oct 3, 1999, Redskins fall behind 21-0 in the first quarter, then the defense stiffens somewhat and the offense catches fire. With Carolina ahead 36-35 and 6 seconds left, Bret Conway nails a 30-footer to send the crowd home happy. Brad Johnson's finest game as a Redskin.

Oct 21, 2001, Redskins 0-5 on the season, behind 14-0 in the fourth. Lavar's finest moment as a Redskin (well, other than beginning Aikman's broadcasting career :D ) he turned that season around by intercepting a fourth-quarter pass for a TD. Then in Rod Gardner's finest game of his career, he pulled in a TD bomb to send the game into OT, then another long pass to set up the game-winning Bret Conway FG. What I particularly liked was that Schottenheimer, in probably his finest moment with the Redskins, didn't hesitate to send Conway in to ice the game even tho Conway had blown a game-winning chipper at the end of regulation, and Marty still had 3 downs from the 5 yard line to try punching it in. Wow, it took 3 finests in one game to beat the then-miserable Panthers, no wonder that team sucked.

And finally, Dec 15, 1985, Redskins fell behind 24-7 in the second quarter vs. the Bengals, Barry Wilburn being abused mercilessly at cornerback. Of course, Ritchie Pettibone eventually got the defense to hold, the offense rallied, and the Skins came away 27-24 victors when the Bungles bungled a 51-yard FG as the clock ran out.

Them's some pretty good memories. :cool:

<edit> I see some overlap with Hail2Skins picks, hail brutha!.

wow u went to the game..

same with me fun bunch.. i also went to the game... every game besides that, the skins get a big lead in the first quarter and from there its cruise control. i been to about 10 games in my lifetime, and the skins are 8-2... ive been to only 1 game in any of gibbs tenure.. so 8-2 is pretty well... my worst loss is the 27-0 cowboys loss after the big snow storm

the other game is where mcnabb had about 180 rushing yards, and that was terrible

No I didnt go to that game. Just watched on TV. I didn't know we had to physically be at the game, just witness it in person... not thru research or anything like that. Oh well. I've only been to 3 Redskins games in my life. The first one was WAAAAYYYY back in the day... when the skins beat the cowboys 20-17. The second game was in '04 when the skins lost to the Cowboys 21-18. Then I went to the 9-7 Chicago game last year. I'll be attending the Vikes opener this year, and I cant wait! Anyway, the Dallas MNF game was definitely the best I've ever seen... :point2sky

Win: Probably the one against the Panthers in '99 when they were ahead like 21-0 in the first quarter.....their RB Sam Biakbatuka (I know I butchered that spelling!) was going wild but then Seifert pulled him. We got hot in the second quarter and took the lead, and then eventually won the game (think it was 38-36). Of course there was also the game two years later against the Panthers as well where we were trailing 14-0 late until Arrington's interception return gave us life and we won in OT.

damn i remember that too.. i went to that game..

Raiders v Redskins

Nothing I can remember comes close to this comeback in the games that I have attended. I think it was the 91 season.

I invited a friend of mine to the game that had never been to RFK before and after Cliff Branch returned a punt for a TD with about 6minutes to go, we were down 35-17 he thought the game3 was over and actually wanted to leave. The crowd was rowdy all day. I seemed like the air was sucked out of the stadium after Branch's touchdown, but nobody was leaving . Needless to say we stayed and we watched Joe Washington catch a touchdown pass right in front of us on the last play of the game.

For those of you that have never seen this game, I would highly recommend getting a copy of this game. It is the best game you have never heard of..

San Diego. '85. :cool:

We were late to the game. By the time we found our seats it was 17-3 Chargers. Fouts was owning us. What the hell was going on! :(

When we rose for the exits, Jay Shreoder had just thrown down low to a diving Gary Clark on a post pattern from about 17 yds out, for the go-ahead score! :D

The Charger fan beside me had kicked his beer on me but when we turned to look at each other I just kept on cheering and the look on HIS face said it all. Devestation! :doh:

He'd shot his wad and he was owned. :cheers:

Out of Jack Murphy and on to the 5 Fwy with cars beside. Cars full of Charger fans sporting scowls. And me and the wife, and my Redsins hat and my smile. All the way back to LA with San Diego sports radio. :laugh:

Ah, my friends; the crying and wailing and knashing of teeth was something to behold! :cry:

And the perfect compliment to the long drive. :silly:

CPStretch, Tim......Sam.......what's the difference? ;) (But you are correct)

KingArthur, the game you're referring to was actually in the '83 season. I think we were up 20-7 at one point but then the Raiders steamrolled ahead 35-20 before the late heroics. Too bad the Raiduhs got their revenge in the Super Bowl :mad:

I think the original poster's question was geared toward biggest come-from-behind margin but if you include circumstance into the equation, how could I forget last season's finale at Philly. At 17-7 in the second quarter I was trying to be nonchalant but inside it was tearing me up, anticipating that we were going to blow this game to the ragtag Eagles and I was going to have to decide whether or not to endure the Cowboys game later that night (and you KNOW they would've won that game if Philly had beaten us). As it turned out, it was great to go to Atlantic City later that evening and running into a bunch of Skins fans revelling in the victory!

Philly game in '01, Banks goes down it's snowing and Kent Graham procedes to find Gardener, McCants, and Thompson to pull the game out for us. Last time we beat Philly till this year.

*Edit* this was stated because I have been going to games since i can remember, dad had season tix, and the only other time I saw a 'Skins game IN PERSON that they shouldn't have been able to comeback is '85 Giants game when Joe T. broke his leg and the Panther's game that was already stated.

I would have to say last year's Dallas game on MNF. It was just too perfect. I'll never forget that game... NEVER.

Agreeance. After several years of not being able to get past the 'Girlz, that one was as sweet as I can remember. In Dallass no less. On the eve of the induction of the triplets!

vs Lions at RFK

94 i think it was, maybe 95, Scott Mitchell drops back in his own end zone in OT, and D Green steps in front of the pass in the flat, hits the ground and bounces right back up and walks in for the win.

Raiders v Redskins

Nothing I can remember comes close to this comeback in the games that I have attended. I think it was the 91 season.

I invited a friend of mine to the game that had never been to RFK before and after Cliff Branch returned a punt for a TD with about 6minutes to go, we were down 35-17 he thought the game3 was over and actually wanted to leave. The crowd was rowdy all day. I seemed like the air was sucked out of the stadium after Branch's touchdown, but nobody was leaving . Needless to say we stayed and we watched Joe Washington catch a touchdown pass right in front of us on the last play of the game.

For those of you that have never seen this game, I would highly recommend getting a copy of this game. It is the best game you have never heard of..

My greatest game that ive been to for I felt every thought and emotion. I was siting in the endzone where Joe Washington caught the winning touchdown!

I was so convinced that we were repeating that year. I think the Redskins unfortunately believed that too.

Week 17 last year, @ Philadelphia. With a playoff berth on the line, we were losing and it looked like it might turn into the letdown game of the year. But Portis and Taylor dug down deep and pulled it out for us. Sitting on the 20-yard line front row of the Linc with 2 good friends, all 3 of us decked out in burgundy & gold and we pull off the come-from-behind victory and earn our first playoff spot in years. Priceless!

:eaglesuck :cheers:

Archived