Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Quarterback Challenge

tonyriggins

And Culpepper has a serious deep throw, wow. And I want to know something, what was the longest throw ever?

I think that honor might go to our very own Jay Shoeder. I remember him throwing it over 80 yards. I could be wrong, but I remember him winning the competition one year, and the other QBs talking about how big his arm was.

I think that honor might go to our very own Jay Shoeder. I remember him throwing it over 80 yards. I could be wrong, but I remember him winning the competition one year, and the other QBs talking about how big his arm was.

If I recall...I think that as time expired in the 1986 NFC Wild Card game vs the Rams, Schroeder wound it up and the ball traveled like 77 yards. Anyone have the game tape...

I remember asking him after a pre season game in Anaheim in 1987 how far he could throw it...he said 85 yards.

In the QB competition it went to Cunningham. He tossed it a ridiculous 80+.

Brett Favre would have had the record. His first two attempts both went out of the throwing area and then out of joking frustration proceeded to take all the other QB's balls and chucked them as far as he could. One ball went like 87 yards or something crazy.

Archived