Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com - 7th Rd pick Kili Lefotu signs

21KillzCowboys

Rocky is now the only draft pick yet to be signed. Way to go, front office!

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=17897

Redskins Sign 7th-Round Lineman Lefotu

The Redskins have signed seventh-round draft pick Kili Lefotu, the team announced on Thursday. Lefotu is an offensive lineman from the University of Arizona.

With Lefotu's signing, the Redskins have one unsigned draft pick remaining: linebacker Roger "Rocky" McIntosh, the team's second-round pick.

Lefotu, 6-5 and 315 pounds, was selected by the Redskins with 230th overall pick in the seventh round of the April 29-30 NFL Draft. A versatile lineman, Lefotu has seen action mostly at right guard during the Redskins' off-season work, including mini-camp.

Lefotu started 37 games during his career at Arizona, starting at least seven games three of his four years as a Wildcat. He played multiple positions on the offensive line, including both guard spots and at left tackle.

In 2005, Lefotu played in 10 games with eight starts, one at left tackle and seven at right guard.

Born in Honolulu, Hawaii, Lefotu grew up in Riverside, Calif.

Nice...If only 3 (or so) of the guys from this class see significant playing time how could they have done much better with so many low-rounders? I like how when this staff sees a position of need they have drafted/traded until they are STACKED at the former position of need.

I know nothing about Rocky's agent, other than his last name isn't Poston, but it seems like it would be in their best interests to sign quickly and get down to work. The injury and GW's recent praise of Holdman aren't adding to his leverage. Nothing is guaranteed for him this year in terms of playing time, so he ought to feel motivated to do everything possible to take care of business and concentrate on football.

I don't expect this will be a problem signing. Our $ situation is pretty much settled at this point, so it's basically just a matter of arithmetic.

I htink Lefontu will be a contributor. It may not be his year. Gibbs goes for smart coachable players because they know how to coach. And hawaians(spelling?) are tuff.

Rocky will probley get signed after training camp because of his surgery. Plus it would be smart of him to get sometime with the play book, and after come into camp and kicka**

Archived