Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

D. Green vs S. Moss or S. Smith

Walking Deadman

Speedy guys had no chance against Green. The players that gave him trouble were guys like Irvin who could outmuscle Green for the ball. But nobody consistantly beat Green or juked him out of coverage.

^^^ This man speakeths the truth! :D His play was brilliant. A marvel to watch..and ageless for so long.

Dude...why are you hating on Dishman? He was one of the few CBs in the league back in 96-97 who could give back all the down-field violence that WRs like Irvin were so famous for. I remember back in 97 when he was a Skin he certainly held his own vs Irvin. It was only in 98 after the reinterpretation of the PI rules that he became useless.

How does it not bring a tear to your eye remembering Irvin getting mauled by Dishman during the 97 season and the refs letting it go??

Dishman and Green '97 were my favorite Skins DB combo

he meant that dishman dont derserve the HOF and green was

but i think Ade Jimoh would have been a better guy to trash on because we do it so much

That would be a nice match up. The thing is would the old hands on rule be implemented or todays rules where you damn near can't get physical at all.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Smith and Moss could've been as effective in the old days as they are today. WR's back then were almost mauled at the live od scrimmage.

You can be as physical as ever, just not after 10 yards. The rules really were the same back then they just weren't enforced as much in the late 90's and early 2000 until the Patriots started to take advantage and scheme around jammin WR furthur up the field.

Speedy guys had no chance against Green. The players that gave him trouble were guys like Irvin who could outmuscle Green for the ball. But nobody consistantly beat Green or juked him out of coverage.

Not to mention the "Michael Irvin" push off rule. That is what made that piece of trash great.

"Oh he's covering me? I'm gonna puh off to catch the ball"

he made a career out of it.

If he goes in before DG, the HOF is a bigger joke than not putting Monk in ahead of Irvin. :puke:

Archived