Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worst smoke ever.

Art

Mustard based sauces are South Carolina style. I don't like them as much, but, I have a recipe I've used people rave about that is onions, white vinegar and yellow mustard with a little added boost. I'm partial to North Carolina style.

Cider vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar and hot pepper flakes. It's not an exact science. I like mine sweeter, so use more sugar than some might. It's a quick, easy, room temperature sauce. Whisk it up, top it on the pork. And if you do, you MUST use cole slaw ON the top as something to equalize the vinegar.

Sweet! Thanks Art!! :cheers:

You can screw up ribs guy. Well, babyback ribs at least, given how thin they are, if you use too strong a wood and it soaks in too much, you will kill it. Of course, because it's thin, it usually hits temp that prevents smoke from penetrating quickly anyway :).

My butcher steered me away from smoking babyback ribs, for the same reasons you just mentioned. He said to use Memphis style ribs because the meat is thicker, which allows them to stay juicier through the smoking process. He doesn't even sell that type of rib, so he sent me packing to Walmart!

Glad to hear that your butt turned out fine Art, wish I was there to enjoy!

(fodder for the taken out of context thread) :laugh:

Archived