Extremeskins

Your Lineup for Team USA Basketball

Ghost of

1. Chris Paul

2. Kobe Bryant/Dwyane Wade/Gilbert Arenas

3. LeBron James/Adam Morrison

4. Lamar Odom/Elton Brand/Shane Battier

5. Amare Stoudemire/Brad Miller/Dwight Howard

Probably too much offense. Only one true point guard could hurt, as well.

Billups for morrison and that squad is straight...

No sir, i dont want that kind of person on my team

I feel the same way about Antawn "It's time to choke" Jamison, Bruce "Hands man" Bowen, Shawn "I don't have a Jumper, can't dribble" Marion(Why would you pick him when you can have Odom who is much more suited for international play), and Chauncey "I can't play off the ball" Billups.

Seriously, your roster would run into the same problems that the '04 Olympic team did. The only saving grace would be the fact that you have Michael Redd.

Seriously, your roster would run into the same problems that the '04 Olympic team did. The only saving grace would be the fact that you have Michael Redd.
The only problem with the '04 team was that they were all partying in Greece and didn't practice hard.

Honestly look at this team:

PG: Stephon Marbury, Dwyane Wade

SG: Allen Iverson, Carmelo Anthony

SF: Richard Jefferson, LeBron James

PF: Lamar Odom, Shawn Marion, Amare Stoudemire

C: Tim Duncan, Carlos Boozer, Emeka Okafor

Coach: Larry Brown

No friggin way Puerto Rico should be able to beat this team by 20 points.

I feel the same way about Antawn "It's time to choke" Jamison, Bruce "Hands man" Bowen, Shawn "I don't have a Jumper, can't dribble" Marion(Why would you pick him when you can have Odom who is much more suited for international play), and Chauncey "I can't play off the ball" Billups.

the 04' team didnt have a single true point guard:doh:

I need another true PG on the roster, so i took chauncey. Bruce Bowen is on my team for defense, he still is one of the better defenders in the nba. I see what you're saying about Twan, only reason i have him on the team is for veteran leadership. You lost all credibility with your statement on Marion. He has a jumper and would create a number of match up problems for the opposition....Maybe you're right about Odom over Twan but I feel like as a 9th or 10th man Twan would be better suited for that role...:2cents:

STARTERS:

PG-Chris Paul

SG-Kobe Bryant

SF-Lebron James

PF-Elton Brand

C-Dwight Howard

RESERVES:

PG-Chauncey Billups

SG-Dwyane Wade

SF-Paul Pierce, Bruce Bowen

PF-Shawn Marion, Chris Bosh

C-Brad Miller

This is a great TEAM. With Paul at PG and Lebron at SF, you have two guys that are willing to distribute to the more ballhoggy Bryant. Brand and Howard give you excellent front court power with rebounding and shot blocking ability.

The reserves give you a little bit of everything. Billups is a great manager who is used to deferring to other stars. Wade gives you penetration and Pierce gives you wet shooting. Bowen is the best perimeter defender in the NBA. Marion can do everything, Bosh is a hybrid Brand/Howard and Miller is a great passer for a C.

The reason this team works is because it's full of guys who are willing to pass the ball, play defense, and can shoot a jump shot. Previous Team USAs were plagued because they couldn't do much of either of those things.

I left off our Wizards, Arenas and Jamison, because Arenas gives us something we don't need at PG in a ballhog, better to go with a passer who can play better D. Jamison is too soft and also can't play D.

I left off Joe Johnson because he's just a slightly less Wade/Pierce. I was tempted to replace Pierce with Michael Redd, but Pierce is the better overall player whos jump shot is just as wet.

I was stuck on Melo, Battier, and Odom. They were "on the bubble" for me, but I think the other guys I picked in place of them are better fits for a more balanced team. If Amare is fully healthy, I would put him in place of Brad Miller.

Archived