Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: Randle El Finds Closure

redskns21

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_457444.html

Click link above for the entire article...

Randle El finds closure

By Joe StarkeyTRIBUNE-REVIEW

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Super Bowl hero Antwaan Randle El was back in Pittsburgh on Friday, hosting a charity golf event at The Club at Nevillewood and contemplating his dream matchup for next year's big game.

Randle El signed a seven-year, $31 million free-agent contract with the Washington Redskins in March.

"I think the Steelers have the poise and talent to repeat, but I'm in the NFC now," Randle El said. "So, maybe we'll meet them in the Super Bowl."

Randle El's old teammates visited his new city eight days ago for a White House reception with President George W. Bush. A few days later, Randle El attended the Steelers' ring ceremony at Heinz Field.

"The White House and the ring ceremony, that was kind of closure for me," he said. "I needed that, to get that portion of my life and my career out of the way and kind of try to move on.

"I certainly enjoyed my time here. We accomplished the most important goal. It was very important to me, and it was important to get back with the guys. "Now, it's another chapter, and I have to move on."

"I think the Steelers have the poise and talent to repeat, but I'm in the NFC now," Randle El said. "So, maybe we'll meet them in the Super Bowl."

I actually think that would be a good matchup and would favor the 'Skins. The Redskins have been excellent against the run and have enough weapons in the passing game to really test their secondary.

Let's hope that this comes to fruition :applause: .

I actually think that would be a good matchup and would favor the 'Skins. The Redskins have been excellent against the run and have enough weapons in the passing game to really test their secondary.

Let's hope that this comes to fruition :applause: .

Yeah, I'm still frustrated over our loss to Pittsburgh in the 2004 regular season. It was in the midst of the Rookie Roethlisberger undefeated run but we definitely could have won that game. It would be nice to get a rematch.

Archived