Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL = high use of HGH??

GPREP HOG

Posted this a while back and thought it would be relevant in another post concerning HGH.

The NFL I believe (correct me if I am wrong) does not do a blood test, this would mean that HGH is not detectable.

In a league where size, strength and speed gives you MUCH more of an edge then a game like baseball, wouldn't you not think that at least the same percentage, and most probably much higher, use HGH?

Baseball is so much more about hand/eye cordination then football yet reports from the Grimsley house raid ( http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=2474247 ) make it clear that a high number of players use HGH even after tests were put in place because they knew it would be undetectable. If you look at how the stats jump for players in between the end of the college football season when they get an agent and the draft, huge increase in weight and bench/squat yet are able to cut .1 off their 40?? In only a couple months? Come on.

Do you have a problem if players are using it?

Personally I really dont, they can do what they want, but I for one am not going to be ignorant to the fact that many of the NFL players today are doing what they are doing off of simply off of pure hard work and some Protein Shakes.

I think the possibility of it occuring in the NFL needs to addressed first. An accurate study needs to be made before comments are given.

I think the possibility of it occuring in the NFL needs to addressed first. An accurate study needs to be made before comments are given.

Do you mean a 4 year 2 miliom dollar govt study thats conclusion is they look bigger, stronger and fastert than the average men

It's a good bet that some, or even many, NFL players do take steroids and/or HGH. Don't hold it against them - for that kind of money, I would take 'roids. Wouldn't you? If not, then you're not as competetive as many professional athletes:

Easily Obtained Steroids Focus of Debate

"Steroids expert Bob Goldman has surveyed hundreds of athletes every few years for two decades, from bodybuilders to Olympians to pros.

He wanted to know how far athletes will go to win. The answer: to the grave.

"I made up a hypothetical magic pill. I told them they'd win every competition for five years, but then die from it," Goldman says.

Each time he has taken the survey, more than half the athletes have said they would take the pill."

Note that NFL steroid testing is easily beaten -

"There are thousands and thousands of ways you could modify a steroid to change its structure and avoid detection," steroids researcher William Llewellyn says. "It's not tremendously difficult to create something like THG..."

There's an elephant in the room. We can't get rid of it, so we may as well not ignore it. :)

Do you have a problem if players are using it?

Personally I really dont, they can do what they want, but I for one am not going to be ignorant to the fact that many of the NFL players today are doing what they are doing off of simply off of pure hard work and some Protein Shakes.

My only problem with steroids is the health effects. By not testing for HGH you are passively encouraging players to take it. Because only someone who wasn't real keen on keeping his job would not take HGH, or steroids, if he thought everyone else in the League, or even just the guy waiting to take his spot in the line-up, was.

But that is all on the player's union. If the NFLPA or MLBPA has no problem with athletes being pressured into taking HGH or steroids, then I guess it's silly for me to...

I doubt TO is on any kind of steroids. The guy worksout like a mother****ing monster week in and week out.

I never understood why this people assume this.

Bill Romanowski worked out like a madman - does that mean he didn't take steroids? No, he worked out like a madman AND took steroids. In fact, steroids HELP you to work out like a madman, by increasing the recuperative powers of the body.

Now, this doesn't prove that all guys who work out like madmen are taking steroids, not by any means. But, we need to understand that people who don't take steroids will tend to burn out their bodies more easily. Therefore, the more a guy works out, the more LIKELY it becomes that he's taking steroids. :)

Actually, RPR, the name is kind of misleading. You'll notice that it contains no actual human growth hormone - it's a marketing gimmick:

"Ultra Max HGH Gold contains a proprietary blend of the following fruit and vegetables: Vitamin A 600 Mg, Vitamin C 200 Mg, Niacin 25 Mg, Glycoamino Acid-Glucose Complex 2500 Mg, Somatotrophin Mediating Factors 4000 Mg, L-Glutamine, L-Arginine, L-Lysine, Gamma Aminobutyric Acid , Glycine , NOVEL POLYOSE COMPLEX , OKG , VELVET BEAN , STEVIA ."

Archived