Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Not every Redskin is a HOFer

dgreen

Could you provide links to support this ststement? I'm on here every few days and all I see is a push for Art Monk, who should have been in the HOF the very moment he was eligible. One could make a case for Joe Jacoby as well. The ones you mentioned will never make it and that's never been disputed as far as I have seen.

I call BS on you until you can back up your statement with links. And one person saying "Cooley will be in the Hall someday" doesn't count.

Agreed to an extent but how can you make an assumption that Chris Cooley will never be a HOFer? No one knows that...after all he was included in the list. I call BS as well otherwise, b/c all I see is Art Monk support and I visit the site 4 or 5 times a week...BS! (stomp stomp) BS! (Stomp Stomp) BS! (Stomp Stomp) :D

I don't remember him while he was playing, but the real headscratcher ommission for me is Chris Hanburger. How someone makes that many pro bowls, is the leader of one of the top defenses of his time (Allen's Skins) and yet is not even sniffing HOF induction is a mystery.

I think everybody has their favorites so you're going to read alot of different names mentioned for HOF especially when it comes to current Skins and projecting them into the Hall. I remember thinking Joe Theismann was a sure bet as a HOF QB back in 84 or 85. With the passage of time, I realized that I was being a homer who was too young (14) to really know any better. I still love Joey T and everything, but no longer consider him as even a fringe HOF QB.

Looking back on the Skins I remember: Monk, Clark (yes he deserves it damnit!!), Green, Butz, Grimm, and Jacoby are the ones that I still feel should get in.

Boderline (I might feel they deserve it but realize there are reasons why they probably will not):

Manley (People say he was one dimensional-I say his run defense is vastly underrated, but even if they are right, what a one dimension! A great great pass rusher who got jobbed from many pro bowls simply because he liked to talk a ton of smack. I think Dexter played a generation too early. Had he played about a decade later in the "ESPN" age. His smack talk would have been rewarded moreso than in the 80's.)

Mann (A complete defensive end. Was never a Bruce Smith or Reggie White in terms of dominance, but for an extended period of time 85-91, he was one of the best after those two guys)

Lachey (I think his play earns him a spot, but he was hurt too much at the end of his career so longevity may be an issue)

Terrific post, scruffylookin

Though Allen's Redskins were a little before my time, I too feel the same way about Chris Hanburger. The guy made nine Pro Bowls so he definitely should be considered for Canton.

I also think that Green, Monk, Clark, Butz, Grimm and Jacoby should all be enshrined in Canton.

A couple other names I would add to your borderline list are Mark Moseley and Jeff Bostic. Moseley was one of the game's best kickers and Bostic centered one of the NFL's greatest offensive lines.

The hall of fame is supposed to be the individual who represents the best of the best. To me, just because you were a good player on superbowl teams doesnt mean you are one of the best players in the league. This is something that the media has to get over. I'm sorry but to me people like Troy Aikman or Lynn Swan only got an invite because they were good players on Super Bowl Teams. Gary Clark was much more consistant than Swan and he probably will never get in. Put a young Doug Williams on the 90's cowboys and they might win 5 championships..

These players should all be in the hall of fame one day. They were the best and most consistant at their positions during their era.

Art Monk

Gary Clark

Darrell Green

Wilbur Marshal

Joe Jacoby

Russ Grim

*Doug Wiliams ( If not for career stats, for changing the face of pro football)

Although I see the poster's point, these players are legitimate candidates for the Hall.

Archived