Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok, now I've seen everything

Boots

WASHINGTON - If you think keeping fit is merely mind over matter, Lester Clancy has an invention for you — a cordless jump-rope. That's right, a jump-rope minus the rope. All that's left is two handles, so you jump over the pretend rope. Or if you are truly lazy, you can pretend to jump over the pretend rope.

And for that idea kicking around Clancy's head since 1988, the U.S. Patent Office this month awarded the 52-year-old Mansfield, Ohio, man a patent. Its number: 7037243

How Lazy is this?!?:doh:

and now, the rest of the story:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060530/ap_on_he_me/fitness_cordless_jump_rope

If you've ever worked with people who have various physical ailments or seen someone fall over an inch rise in the sidewalk, it would make more sense to you. It's not that they're too lazy to jump over the rope, it's a safety thing. Not much use for me, but for the uncoordinated or partially disabled, it would be a good form of exercise without the actual peril of a rope to trip on.

Again, it makes sense for those who are trying to rehab or keep in decent shape but have infirmities which make even getting into a tub (at times) a danger.

Sorry, I think it's just stupid. If you have physical limitations that prevent you from jumping a rope, then do what bpoch said and do jumping jacks. Why the need to get a patent on a couple handles?

Silly, just silly.

Sorry, I think it's just stupid. If you have physical limitations that prevent you from jumping a rope, then do what bpoch said and do jumping jacks. Why the need to get a patent on a couple handles?

Silly, just silly.

Oh, I was thinking it was an electronic device in the two handles.

If it's just two handles?

:laugh:

My bad, I thought this was an actual invention not something as lame as what you are describing.

Oh, I was thinking it was an electronic device in the two handles.

If it's just two handles?

:laugh:

My bad, I thought this was an actual invention not something as lame as what you are describing.

Well it at least has some rotating weights in the handles so it feels like you are jumping rope.

That paragraph in the article is actually pretty funny:

What makes this invention work is the moving weights inside the handles. They simulate the feel of a rope moving, Clancy said. Well, it's only one handle so far because Clancy is waiting for financial backers before building its partner.
Anyone got 5 bucks?

Archived