Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

XBox Help

grdpounder

Hi, need some help with a problem. Last night I was playing HALO 2 on my XBox when I got a message on the screen that said there was a problem with the disk, maybe it needed cleaning, so I tried to eject the disk and the tray would not open :mad: , the light would flash green then red, I powered down the box thinking it might reset but no luck. Any ideas?? I can't take it down to the local XBox store because I'm in Iraq so any help would be appricated. Thanks in advance.

Ed

Hi, need some help with a problem. Last night I was playing HALO 2 on my XBox when I got a message on the screen that said there was a problem with the disk, maybe it needed cleaning, so I tried to eject the disk and the tray would not open :mad: , the light would flash green then red, I powered down the box thinking it might reset but no luck. Any ideas?? I can't take it down to the local XBox store because I'm in Iraq so any help would be appricated. Thanks in advance.

Ed

Yeesh...I think your system is busted man. The dreaded red light usually means that. Get others opinions though before you go about doing anything....but I think it's broken

Sorry gp, I don't have an Xbox, but I had a similar problem with my PS2. When I turned it on, it would say, "disc read error." I came to find out that that meant the laser itself was shot. I hope you have better luck than I did, and find another source of your problem.

i had the same thing happen to me. my team bought me a used xbox as a coach's gift. i played halo 2 for about 5 hours over a couple weeks and got that same message. called support and got the disk out, sent in the box to microsoft for repair...only to get it shipped back as is because the xbox had "been tampered with." i guess the person who owned it before opened the set. it's stilll sitting on a shelf waiting to be taken in to see what's really wrong with it.

Archived