Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

moving from enemy territory (tx) back to VA!

rtbasye

I found out today that I can move out of God forsaken Hell-Paso back into the DC Area. I guess I've finally paid my dues with 7+ years in the field and finally get that sham job everyone talks about. In the Army's infinite wisdom, they are letting me go to Grad School at GMU, and unbeknownst to them attend Skins games once more. by the way.... anybody have a house to rent a poor Soldier in the Fairfax Area? :D

I found out today that I can move out of God forsaken Hell-Paso back into the DC Area. I guess I've finally paid my dues with 7+ years in the field and finally get that sham job everyone talks about. In the Army's infinite wisdom, they are letting me go to Grad School at GMU, and unbeknownst to them attend Skins games once more. by the way.... anybody have a house to rent a poor Soldier in the Fairfax Area? :D

Congrats!! Hope you stop by the ES tailgate. :cheers:

Awww, come on, El Paso is not that bad!

*counts the days till he is moving back to VA*

So you have been gone for 7 years? Man the rental rates have skyrocketed since about then, what you would of paid $700-$750/month back then in arlington/fairfax/alexandria, is now going for $1500/month on average. In

alot of cases, more! Figured you knew this already and price isnt of concern,

if it is prepare for "sticker shock" :) :2cents:

I've been to Tx. twice in my life. My mother has an uncle in Ft Worth We visted when I was 10 (30 years ago) & when I enlisted in the Air Force they sent me to San Antonio fo Basic.

I don't want to step foot in that state again.We should've let the Mexicans keep it.

Welcome back to Redskin country

texas itself isnt so bad... el paso is much worse than the rest of the state... I could live in austin, but this border town blows.... literally- twice a week dust storms that fill up my crummy gov't quarters with a layer of fine brown dirt. hardly a person in sight that knows what is going on beyond their own backyard, they dont care to know either.

The best part though is getting closer to family for a little while at least, that and of course going to skins games again!

Archived