Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Earl Woods died

SkinsBry

CNN just reported that Tiger's dad Earl has passed away.

EDIT: here is the ESPN link.

Tiger Woods' father, Earl, died Wednesday, losing his battle with cancer.

Earl Woods first was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 1998, but the cancer returned in 2004 and spread to other parts of his body. He has not seen his son play since Woods won his Target World Challenge in December 2004 at Sherwood Country Club.

"My dad was my best friend and greatest role model, and I will miss him deeply," Tiger Woods said in a statement on his Web site. "I wouldn't be where I am today without him, and I'm honored to continue his legacy of sharing and caring."

He went to Augusta, Ga., for the Masters last year, but never made it to the course. Woods broke down in tears after winning his fourth green jacket in a playoff.

For the rest of the story http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=2431912

His dad was an Army Vet- he named Tiger after a South Vietnamese friend he made during the War.

no doubt that has given Tiger the mental toughness he has had his whole life. I am not a big golf fan- but Tiger is the man.

Also shows no matter how much money or fame one has- you can't change mortality. I am sure this will make Tiger an even better man.

It was to be expected, as he was battling cancer for many years. Once Tiger gets over the loss, he'll come back very focused and shatter Jack's record.
Agreed. I think it's really been a burden on him for awhile now, and I'm sure after some time off to refocus and spend some time with his family, he'll come back to dominate again. Prayers definitely go out to him and his family.

CNN just reported that Tiger's dad Earl has passed away.

EDIT: here is the ESPN link.

Tiger Woods' father, Earl, died Wednesday, losing his battle with cancer.

Earl Woods first was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 1998, but the cancer returned in 2004 and spread to other parts of his body. He has not seen his son play since Woods won his Target World Challenge in December 2004 at Sherwood Country Club.

"My dad was my best friend and greatest role model, and I will miss him deeply," Tiger Woods said in a statement on his Web site. "I wouldn't be where I am today without him, and I'm honored to continue his legacy of sharing and caring."

He went to Augusta, Ga., for the Masters last year, but never made it to the course. Woods broke down in tears after winning his fourth green jacket in a playoff.

For the rest of the story http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=2431912

That's a shame. :mad: Rest In Peace, Mr. Woods.

CarrollsMine99.

Archived