Extremeskins

Ko Simpson, anyone?

The Batman

4 120 Manuel White RB UCLA

5 154 Robert McCune LB Louisville

6 183 Jared Newberry LB Stanford

7 222 Nehemiah Broughton FB Citadel

How are these guys working out for you? :cheers:

Considering Nemo is a backup RB and also in contention to play some fullback along with White this year, and McCune will be one of our backup LB's I'd say they are working out just fine. Nice second day picks that are currently providing depth in their second year, about what should be expected from players taken in their respective draft spots.

4 120 Manuel White RB UCLA

5 154 Robert McCune LB Louisville

6 183 Jared Newberry LB Stanford

7 222 Nehemiah Broughton FB Citadel

How are these guys working out for you? :cheers:

Hold your horses there. I dont think anyone can make the claim that the draft class from last year was anywhere near as deep as this years is. Name any player (other than maybe tab perry from Cinci) taken after we picked McCune that did a damn thing last year. Some years there are just studs around on the second day, but most years the majority of those guys are not going to be immediate impact players.

Besides, what did Kevin Burnett (42 overall), Justin Beriault (208), Rob Petitti (209), and Jay Ratliff (224) do last season?

Im a big south carolina fan so i know a little about Ko. Very raw and athletic. He would be a huge steal tomorrow and he definitely wont be their in the 5th round. I think hes dropping because hes not the brightest guy in the world. Supposedly he got a 10 on his wonderlic which is very low. Its not like he has any character problems though and he works his ass off. Whoever ends up with him tomorrow I believe is getting a great value pick.

I am a South Carolina alum and the only team I have as much love in my heart for as the Redskins are the Game****s. I loved Ko as a game****-one of my favorite players-and was never apprehensive about our secondary when Ko was roaming around the field. Watching Ko bait an SEC quarterback into making a throw that said quarterback shouldn't and then making him pay with a pick, was a thing of beauty.

That being said, Ko could become a decent NFL talent but he is a project and I don't know if he is a "Gibbs player." He has had some maturity issues and the rumor in Gameockland is he did very poorly in the NFL interview process and did not take them seriously. My impression is, after showing so much talent, he started to believe his own hype. I would love nothing more than to have a Game**** on the Skins, but at this point in Ko's career I can't see him fitting in with the type of team character that Coach Gibbs is bringing back to the franchise. If Ko was available the Skins should pass.

Thanks for the mature and frank take on Ko.

I am a South Carolina alum and the only team I have as much love in my heart for as the Redskins are the Game****s. I loved Ko as a game****-one of my favorite players-and was never apprehensive about our secondary when Ko was roaming around the field. Watching Ko bait an SEC quarterback into making a throw that said quarterback shouldn't and then making him pay with a pick, was a thing of beauty.

That being said, Ko could become a decent NFL talent but he is a project and I don't know if he is a "Gibbs player." He has had some maturity issues and the rumor in Gameockland is he did very poorly in the NFL interview process and did not take them seriously. My impression is, after showing so much talent, he started to believe his own hype. I would love nothing more than to have a Game**** on the Skins, but at this point in Ko's career I can't see him fitting in with the type of team character that Coach Gibbs is bringing back to the franchise. If Ko was available the Skins should pass.

Good post. Very insightful.

Your team has drafted Fasano and Some DE i've never even heard of. I think BP and JJ are delusional and have no clue what their team needs.

Carpenter is a stud.

Fasano is a very good tight end and ideal for a 2 tight end set oppostite Witten, so you obviously are just talking smack or don't know the value of a 2 tight end set. You'll notice it next year when you don't blitz us half as often as you used to.

As far as Hatcher goes, he was ranked by Gosselin as the #92 player on the board, and we took him with #88. He may need some work, comes from a small school so few people have heard of him, but so did Demarcus Ware, that worked out pretty well for us didn't it?

Archived