Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Motion to Dismiss Taylor's Trial is Scheduled...

DCBnG21

Julius Gardner is a witness. Evidently, he's currently on probation for assaulting a police officer within a couple of days of the "incident".

Yea i just found that out. Now im wondering what the letter says that they gave. Because after the letter they are now requesting a dismiss of the charges.

Yesterday somebody on here posted a link to the Dade county DA's and Attorney's message board. Some lawyer from NY Davidoff should be a hero to us. Evidently he exposed greico. Search for it. These lawyers are way more foulmouthed than we are allowed to get. It was pretty funny, there were some vary dissenting views on Sean though, people calling him a thug and a gangster. A lot of the posts were annonymous (I am thinking cowboy fans) so they did not hold much credebility. Davidoff put his name on everything he wrote though.

Question:

Doesn't it seem feasible that political/reputation factors might come into play here?

If a judge dismissed the case now, it will serve as a condemnation of sorts against the Miami DA's office -- they could look totally incompetent. It will appear that the DA really did trump up the charges, and will give an impression of the inmates running the asylum - prosecuting attorneys zealously seeking incitements against undeserving defendants.

So maybe the judge, who has relationships with all the attorneys in the DA's office - and a vested interest in keeping the Miami judicial system from being ridiculed - might not want this case thrown out in an effort to save face.

A judge is a political position as well as a judicial one, and judges are not above taking public opinion into account, IMO. I couldn't say for sure since I don't know Judge Mary Barzee or what she might do. But it seems likely that she would at least factor the reputation of the DA's office into her decision.

I can't believe that they won't grant a continuance a prosecutor to be assigned and for the prosecutor to get familiar with the case. The fact that Grieco left the case at the behest of the defense, and that the defense has asked for so many delays already, means that there's not really any speedy trial issue here, so I think the court will probably give the prosecution ample time to prepare its case, which means that if they're not ready, they'll most likely get a continuance.

I also very seriously doubt they'll just dismiss the case at this point. as embarrassed as they are at this point, they've been standing behind grieco, and I really don't think dismissing the charges is an option for the prosecution.

I also seriously doubt the court will all of the sudden dismiss the case, since I doubt any new evidence as emerged, and while the accusers/victims might not be credible, they're still apparently willing to testify under oath as to what happened, and so there's an issue of fact to be resolved by a jury.

I can't believe that they won't grant a continuance a prosecutor to be assigned and for the prosecutor to get familiar with the case. The fact that Grieco left the case at the behest of the defense, and that the defense has asked for so many delays already, means that there's not really any speedy trial issue here, so I think the court will probably give the prosecution ample time to prepare its case, which means that if they're not ready, they'll most likely get a continuance.

I also very seriously doubt they'll just dismiss the case at this point. as embarrassed as they are at this point, they've been standing behind grieco, and I really don't think dismissing the charges is an option for the prosecution.

I also seriously doubt the court will all of the sudden dismiss the case, since I doubt any new evidence as emerged, and while the accusers/victims might not be credible, they're still apparently willing to testify under oath as to what happened, and so there's an issue of fact to be resolved by a jury.

Most likey Taylor would have had to waive his right to a speedy trial in order for the judge to grant the numerous continuances Taylor has requested; therefore, the DA could request a continuance without a violation of speedy trial.

i dont think STs legal team would try this again if they didnt think it had a legit shot

Why not? Generating more favorable publicity is an end in itself right now. This is something the defense wants to try regardless of whether they think it has any chance to work. The worst that can happen is once again the DA's office looks bad in front of the judge and in the press. Any chance of the motion actually succeeding is gravy.

i think ST's attorneys messed up by letting the media know what their plans were regarding filing for dismissal due to the impropriety of the prosecutors.

if they had kept their mouths shut, the same prosecutor would very likely still be on the case by the time they filed for dismissal, which would further increase ST's chances. spilling the beans allowed the DA's office to maneuver and prepare for such an event.

This current continuance was requested by the prosecution.

Greico left on his own after the DA's office finally became aware of his public website.

I do agree that from a purely political standpoint, they probably won't outright dismiss the case.

i think ST's attorneys messed up by letting the media know what their plans were regarding filing for dismissal due to the impropriety of the prosecutors.

if they had kept their mouths shut, the same prosecutor would very likely still be on the case by the time they filed for dismissal, which would further increase ST's chances. spilling the beans allowed the DA's office to maneuver and prepare for such an event.

I think ST's attorneys were forced to act when they did, because Greico's myspace website could have been taken down at any time. After it's gone, it would be much more difficult to use as bad publicity against Greico. He could just say, "as soon as I found out about the unseemly comments that others had put up on the site, I deleted the site." A google cache web page is not nearly as incriminating, publicitywise, as a myspace webpage that all can access (at least for a while). If the original website is gone, the controversy over it would be much less, and Greico would probably still be on the case.

So waiting would have been a risky strategy, although it would have worked out better if the website was still up when the trial started. Then a motion to dismiss would have more chance of succeeding, IMHO.

Of course, the other downside about getting Greico off the case is that his replacement may actually be a competant prosecutor, not likely to make any of the dumb grandstanding plays that Greico seems to be fond of.

Greico's reassignment may end up hurting Taylor's chances at trial. If this proceeds to trial the newly assigned prosecutor may be not only more competent, but have better jury appeal than Greico ever had. And as far as the government's need for a continuance, this case seems to only involve the testimony of a few people - the prosecutor can get ready for this in no time with just a short delay - maybe one witness conference and he/she would be set to go. Of course, there may be other issues that have to be addressed. You just never know - it could get dismissed the day of trial for any number of reasons. In the end, it's all a crap shoot.

"Master LL DJ" Grieco, ESQ. has totally screwed his case.

I was one of ST's harshest critics, saying I wanted him to become an example.

Should this case go to trial now, prepare to see skilled craftsmen at work.

The mad DJ has brought enough question as to the motive behind prosecution.

And as far as the star witnesses go....

Are you kidding me? One of them assaulted a cop?:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Don't bother popping the corn...this case will be finished before it starts.

Remember the key phrase...."BEYOND a REASONABLE doubt".

Case Closed. NEXT !!!

Archived