Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

X BOX 360 Deal?Is it a scam?

I'd stay away from it. That domain name is registered to a web hosting company (dotster.com), which means that whoever set that site up is paying a monthly fee to host it on their servers. A truly reputable company would...

A. Not set up a separate site if they are trying to get rid of a certain product, they'd simply advertise a blowout sale on their web site (or store).

B. Have their own webserver and would not pay a monthly fee for webhosting.

C. Have the domain registered in the company name.

I'd stay away from it. That domain name is registered to a web hosting company (dotster.com), which means that whoever set that site up is paying a monthly fee to host it on their servers. A truly reputable company would...

A. Not set up a separate site if they are trying to get rid of a certain product, they'd simply advertise a blowout sale on their web site (or store).

B. Have their own webserver and would not pay a monthly fee for webhosting.

C. Have the domain registered in the company name.

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't sure how to check that. My friend showed me how but I forgot how to. It looked to good to be true.

www.xbox360special.com/index.html

Premium system for $199.00.Does anyone have a clue if this site can be trusted? Is there a way to find out?

Like others have suggested all ready, stay away from this site. The Contact Us choice on the bottom leads to a 404 error, which means server not found. Which means these guys are not professional and are just looking to make a few quick bucks. Also, notice that in the payment details you are not allowed to pay with a credit card, but rather a check or money order. This is so they can get your money immediately and you will be unable to cancel payment when your order doesn't show like you could more easily with a credit card. One more thing, put a XBOX in your cart and then proceed to the next page. Notice that under "Grand Total" it will say $199 (Insurance not included). Any idea what that insurance might be? If I had to guess, I'd say it would be somewhere in the $200 range.

Archived