Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Love Tonight

TahoeSkin

Correct me if I'm wrong ( hopefully I'm not ) But the Redskins came back to Philly in that same season to defeat the Eagles in the 1st round of the playoffs. I think the score was 20-7.

Indeed they did. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/redskins/longterm/book/pages/172.htm

Can start there and read on. Good stuff for any Redskins fan. :)

Spoiler alert. Ending.

When the Redskins filed off their bus outside the Vet for that playoff game on January 4, 1991, they were stone-faced and determined. Gibbs had injected a Notre Dame-Miami hatred into them — and on the Redskins' first play from scrimmage, he was amazed by what he saw.

"The line of scrimmage just exploded," Gibbs said later. "Our guys knocked Philadelphia about seven yards back. That's the kind of day it had been. In that situation, you either run and hide or you respond like a champion. Our guys responded like champions."

The Redskins, in fact, played their best game since routing Denver in Super Bowl XXII. Rypien earned his playoff spurs with two touchdown passes. Byner chalked up 126 total yards. The Redskins defense forced three turnovers. Best of all was the sweet revenge of the final score: Redskins 20, Eagles 6.

Mike Golic = hater

Did Dan Synder finally get it right with this off-seasons moves?

When are these idiots going to get it right and admit that Joe Gibbs is making these personnel moves? It's amazing how the media is still so irrationally fixated on Snyder.

He's says Fiction...because we just haven't seen it yet, we'll have to wait and see.

2004 - Gibbs acquires key players in Marcus Washington, Cornelius Griffin, Shawn Springs, Clinton Portis, Sean Taylor, Mark Brunell, Chris Cooley, Phillip Daniels, Mike Sellers, and Joe Salave'a. Coming back after a 12 year absence, Gibbs manages to finish 6-10 and the team ends the season strong.

2005 - Gibbs adds more key players in Santana Moss (in a trade which many at ESPN criticized heavily), Casey Rabach, and Carlos Rogers. He also adds the QB of the future with Jason Campbell. The team finishes the regular season at 10-6 (many so-called pundits predicted a 4-12 record), and makes it to the divisional round of the playoffs losing to the eventual NFC representative in the Super Bowl.

Go :censored: yourself, Mike Golic. You're a useless, non-researching piece of :censored: .

Correct me if I'm wrong ( hopefully I'm not ) But the Redskins came back to Philly in that same season to defeat the Eagles in the 1st round of the playoffs. I think the score was 20-7.

20-6, Missed it by a point. That was one of the most satisfying wins I have ever had as a skins fan.

we all know we're a hell of a lot better than we get credit for. I actually like it though. It's sort of like last year at the end of the season when nobody in the media believed and even when we got in the playoffs they still doubted us. The players love it and go the extra mile to prove doubters wrong. It makes me sick to hear all this praise for the cowboys but i can't wait until TO f**** up their season and see what excuses they give.

When are these idiots going to get it right and admit that Joe Gibbs is making these personnel moves? It's amazing how the media is still so irrationally fixated on Snyder.

2004 - Gibbs acquires key players in Marcus Washington, Cornelius Griffin, Shawn Springs, Clinton Portis, Sean Taylor, Mark Brunell, Chris Cooley, Phillip Daniels, Mike Sellers, and Joe Salave'a. Coming back after a 12 year absence, Gibbs manages to finish 6-10 and the team ends the season strong.

2005 - Gibbs adds more key players in Santana Moss (in a trade which many at ESPN criticized heavily), Casey Rabach, and Carlos Rogers. He also adds the QB of the future with Jason Campbell. The team finishes the regular season at 10-6 (many so-called pundits predicted a 4-12 record), and makes it to the divisional round of the playoffs losing to the eventual NFC representative in the Super Bowl.

Go :censored: yourself, Mike Golic. You're a useless, non-researching piece of :censored: .

See, I was trying to point it out in a more roundabout manner but I like your approach better:D

But bubba,

I am all for settling these matters on the field where it actually matters, but doesn't this latest segment gnaw at you?

These former(pretty much average/servicemen) players are on a nationally televised program. Much of what they espouse is somehow taken as actual knowledge by casual fans.

It burns me as a fan that Golic can pick and choose when he wants to "analyze" a football teams off-season moves or completely avoid the answer with an empty response. I can handle these bobble-heads weighing the pros and cons of the moves as long as they are consistent.

I'm just looking for an honest, straightforward opinion. It's not like I'm going to find it anywhere in the media, but the NFL Network and Fox pregame are much more "believeable" than the hacks on ESPN.

He's says Fiction...because we just haven't seen it yet, we'll have to wait and see.

Well said. What more does he need to see?

Either by aquired player performance :

Marcus Washington

Cornelius Griffin

Shawn Springs

Clinton Portis

Sean Taylor

Mark Brunell

Chris Cooley

Phillip Daniels

Mike Sellers

Joe Salave'a

Santana Moss

Casey Rabach

Carlos Rogers

Or by the team's performance :

10-6, Second round of the playoffs.

It's funny to watch Joe Gibbs when he talks about the results of the past two off seasons. He's very obviously ticked off at the fact that it appears as if no one has noticed how successful they've been with the players they've aquired. Just look at that list! They have really done an incredible job.

A realistic conservative statement that could be made is that we haven't seen how these new players will fit in with the existing players and perform on the field, but if the past two off seasons are any indicator, ...

stories like that make me love to be a skins fan. hail!

and a Gibbs fan! SHEESH we are lucky to have that guy. Thanks again to Dan Snyder, Coach Gibbs, Coach Bugel and the WHOLE CREW! Gawd it's nice to be a good team again! :applause:

Archived