Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Love Tonight

TahoeSkin

I haven't seen this mentioned, and I have no link, but I heard Trey Wingo say that they will talk about the Skins new wide receiver corp during tonight's Draft show at 7:30 pm EST. I guess they'll be talking about El and Lloyd cause we don't have a first round draft choice for them to focus on.

I can't wait to see what they'll say. I know this has nothing to do with the subject, but I didn't feel as if it were necessary for me to start a thread about it, and I felt as if this was a place I could post it. But I was watching ESPN, and it was said that T.O. has already missed 10 of 12 offseason workouts....wow, what a way to start T.O.! But keep it up lol.

If for nothing else watch M. Hodge and Mel Kiper get into it. Hodge says that Vince Young and Matt Linart are not 1st round QB's. I remember last season those 2 getting into it a couple of times.

It was funny seeing Rod Woodson and Terrell Davis going at it too :laugh:.

If for nothing else watch M. Hodge and Mel Kiper get into it. Hodge says that Vince Young and Matt Linart are not 1st round QB's. I remember last season those 2 getting into it a couple of times.

yea last season, Kiper had WR Mike Williams a hall of famer or some bs like that, and Hodge said he wasnt even a first rounder, so far it looks like Kiper needed to do more homework on that

:doh: hodge thinks that this kidd from oregon is gonna outplay 'em both (ahem, i wonder if he knows any other oregon kids, like joey harrington)

Mike Golic = hater

Did Dan Synder finally get it right with this off-seasons moves?

He's says Fiction...because we just haven't seen it yet, we'll have to wait and see.

Now, please tell me. Rationale fans are the ones who says this, but for a so-called "analyst" this is such a BS response. Aren't they supposed to analyze/predict how were are going to do? At least take a stance! He says that synder has never gotten it right. Somewhat true because I guess you'd say our last 2 good offseasons were b/c of Gibbs. Why do they only remember the bad from 6 years ago and not the recent 2 years?

Kills me.

]']...excuse my ignorance... body-bag game?

God. You were 1 year old. :doh:

This was part of Joe Gibbs lore.

Link

Two months earlier' date=' in a nationally televised Monday night game at Philadelphia's Veterans Stadium, the Eagles had beaten the Redskins badly. They had knocked nine Redskins, including two quarterbacks, out of the game. Five Redskins had to be carried off the field. The final score, 28-14, scarcely reflected the severity of the whipping.

Worse than the defeat were the accompanying insults. As the game wore down, an Eagle reacted to one injured Redskin lying on the turf by yelling, "Do you guys need any more body bags?" Another time an Eagle shouted, "You guys are going to need an extra bus just to carry all the stretchers!"

After the game it was even worse. The Eagles publicly poked fun at the Redskins, with Eagles defensive tackle Jerome Brown telling reporters, "They acted like they didn't want to play us anymore."

At Redskin Park, that game became known as The Body Bag Game, and it would be hard to underestimate its effect on a proud team filled with veterans like Joe Jacoby, Jeff Bostic, Earnest Byner, Art Monk and others. That game became the chief rallying cry for a stunning three-year run. [/quote']

]']...excuse my ignorance... body-bag game?

On November 12' date=' 1990, a Monday night at the Vet, the Eagles crushed the Washington Redskins, 28-14, with the defense scoring three of the team's four touchdowns. It was known as "The Body Bag Game," because the Eagles knocked out the starting and back-up quarterbacks. (Ironically, current Eagles running back Brian Mitchell was forced to play quarterback for the 'Skins that night.)

[url']http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=1476046&type=columnist[/url]

I never knew about this game either.

(Ironically, current Eagles running back Brian Mitchell was forced to play quarterback for the 'Skins that night.)

Just thought I'd correct you and tell you Brian Mitchell is no longer an Eagle as he signed a one day contract with the Skins and retired.

I never knew about this game either.

Just thought I'd correct you and tell you Brian Mitchell is no longer an Eagle as he signed a one day contract with the Skins and retired.

A correction on the correction. The article 44 quoted was written in 2002.

Archived