Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 10 NFC East - Defensive Ends

cowboyuptx

Top 10 NFC - East Defensive Ends (as I see it)

here goes.........

1. Michael Strahan (NYG)

2. Osi Umenyiora (NYG)

3. DeMarcus Ware (DAL)

4. Jevon Kearse (PHI)

5. Greg Ellis (DAL)

6. Darren Howard (PHI)

7. Phillip Daniels (WAS)

8. Andre Carter (WAS)

9. Chris Canty (DAL)

10. Trent Cole (PHI) / Marcus Spears (DAL)

Why is Andre Carter so low? He should definatley be ranked up there with Javon Kearse. Javon is getting old anyway and so is Daniels; I think he should be above them at least.

Kearse is better. Though in retrospect, you maybe right about Daniels.

Dallas with 4 DE in the top 10....Also amazing that Ware plays OLB in the 3-4 correct...he can't be on both your lists. (I believe he was on your lb list)

1+2 good choices

3 Kearse

4 Carter

5 Ellis

Ware can be on both list.

He gets down in a 3 point stance and plays as true defensive end alot of the time. I see him as more of a DE than a LB, in the long run.

BTW, Carter isnt better than Ellis.

Ware can be on both list.

He gets down in a 3 point stance and plays as true defensive end alot of the time. I see him as more of a DE than a LB, in the long run.

BTW, Carter isnt better than Ellis.

They both average about 6.5 sacks a year over their career and about 30 or so tackles a year. Part of your title line is "as I see it", well you see it with Cowboy glasses on (hence the 4 Cowboys on the list) I see Carter as a better player than Ellis. (4 years younger too). Outside of the Dallas game last year, I see Daniels farther down the list as he is getting older too.

They both average about 6.5 sacks a year over their career and about 30 or so tackles a year. Part of your title line is "as I see it", well you see it with Cowboy glasses on (hence the 4 Cowboys on the list) I see Carter as a better player than Ellis. (4 years younger too). Outside of the Dallas game last year, I see Daniels farther down the list as he is getting older too.

Well consistency counts in my book. Ellis stayed on par with what he does every year, even though his playing time was cut drasticly (why i dunno?).

Obviously, Ellis and Ware both deserve to be on that list.

Then I got Canty at #9......

Coles and Spears at #10 (could've thrown Justin tuck in at 10 also).....

but once you get past the top 8 (the starters), then its just a pick 'em.

What's your top 10?

Well consistency counts in my book. Ellis stayed on par with what he does every year, even though his playing time was cut drasticly (why i dunno?).

Obviously, Ellis and Ware both deserve to be on that list.

Then I got Canty at #9......

Coles and Spears at #10 (could've thrown Justin tuck in at 10 also).....

but once you get past the top 8 (the starters), then its just a pick 'em.

What's your top 10?

Actually, I stand corrected, Ware is listed as a DE on NFL.com, sorry.

1/2 Osi, Strahan- Can't differentiate

3. Ware

4/5/6/7 Kearse, Carter, Ellis, Darren Howard pretty even here, can agree with your argument for Ellis but can say the same for the other three

8. Daniels

9/10 A variety of backups (Wynn, Canty,Spears, Demetric evans, Justin Tuck)

DID YOU KNOW????

Osi Umenyiora and Demarcus Ware both went to Troy State ...

they also both attended Auburn High in Auburn, AL. and so did Marcus Washington!

Wow, this division like an Auburn High school reunion.

Thought that was interesting.

So what you are saying is that Washington's coaching staff absolutely blows Dallas' away. I mean since your 2 starting CBs are better than our #1. You have 3 DE's better than our best. We only have one good LB and I'm sure you feel that Jason Ferguson is better than any DT we have to offer. I'm also certain that you will not admit that Sean Taylor is better than Roy Williams.

To recap, Washington was

1.) Better against the run

2.) Better against the pass

3.) Gave up fewer points

4.) Intercepted more passes

5.) Recovered more fumbles

6.) Won more games

But Dallas has a better secondary, better lineman, better LBs (although you listed Marcus Washington as the best LB to throw us a bone).

So what you are saying is that Washington's coaching staff absolutely blows Dallas' away. I mean since your 2 starting CBs are better than our #1. You have 3 DE's better than our best. We only have one good LB and I'm sure you feel that Jason Ferguson is better than any DT we have to offer. I'm also certain that you will not admit that Sean Taylor is better than Roy Williams.

To recap, Washington was

3.) Gave up fewer points

6.) Won more games

But Dallas has a better secondary, better lineman, better LBs (although you listed Marcus Washington as the best LB to throw us a bone).

Can you count?

Its 2 DE's better than yours (not 3). I put your LB's at #1 and #5 and it would've been 3 in the top 6, if Lavar were still around.

Can you count?

Its 2 DE's better than yours (not 3). I put your LB's at #1 and #5 and it would've been 3 in the top 6, if Lavar were still around.

That's what you took out of my statement? I mean seriously go back and look at your ratings and see where you rated the Skins personell.

CB (4th and 8th) which in essense means we have the worst starting CB in the East and even your non-starters are better.

DE (7th and 8th) meaning that not only do we have the worst staring DE but the two worst.

Yet somehow for two years in a row we have had the best defense in the division. Smoke and Mirrors?

To recap, Washington was

3.) Gave up fewer points

6.) Won more games

In a nutshell, yes. IMO Dallas has a more talented defense, but we have Mike Zimmer who can't scheme his way out of a paper bag in comparison to Gregg Williams who gets the most out of his players. Plus, Dallas's D is incredibly young, we had 5 rookies (Ware, Canty, Spears, Ratliff, Burnett) who played significant time as well as some others (James, Newman, Davis, Roy, Fujita) who had 3 years or less coming into the season, so naturally there would be big plays given up (especially when you have Keith Davis on the team). I'd love to see what Gregg Williams did with our defense, but we're stuck with Zimmer the dumbass :doh:

In a nutshell, yes. IMO Dallas has a more talented defense, but we have Mike Zimmer who can't scheme his way out of a paper bag in comparison to Gregg Williams who gets the most out of his players. Plus, Dallas's D is incredibly young, we had 5 rookies (Ware, Canty, Spears, Ratliff, Burnett) who played significant time as well as some others (James, Newman, Davis, Roy, Fujita) who had 3 years or less coming into the season, so naturally there would be big plays given up (especially when you have Keith Davis on the team). I'd love to see what Gregg Williams did with our defense, but we're stuck with Zimmer the dumbass :doh:

Sure, but still somehow you homers think that all of your rookies and 2nd and 3rd year players are better than ours even after all the big plays they gave up.

Face it, our defense is better than yours. It has been for 2 of the 2 years that Williams has coached here which means our players are better too. You can't just say that Dallas has all the best players in the league but the coaches suck and thats why they gave up 35 points to the Redskins with the playoffs on the line.

Archived