Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Archuleta a team player?

TE#80

I am sure that he was already committed to a program that he leads, so he didn't know where he would sign before those commitments were made.
:applause:

Yeah Chief, that's an even better point. And it maybe something ES and members want to ask him about when he comes up on the chat. But you're right, they're taking care of it--I mean I don't think he signed a 10mi contract and said I'll see you in AUG. So yeah good point and thanks.

Isn't it funny when Sean Taylor worked out in Miami like he always did he got blasted, but when Archuleta, whom we are paying more money than any other Safety on the team, skips voluntary camps to stick to his routine, he's commended?

Now, I didn't have a problem with Sean doing it, and I don't have a problem with Archuleta doing it, but I'm just pointing out the inherent hypocracy of some who might be backtracking here...

Ding ding ding. I had no problem with ST staying in Miami last year. He is young, wanted to be in a comfortable place and he needed to be with his family. Not returning Joe Gibb's calls, not so good.

With Archuleta however I do have a slight twinge of a problem. My problem is this. I believe he was brought in to become the QB of the secondary. I think he needs to spend as much time with G dubs and the secondary coaches as possible. Again, I have just a slight problem with it, nothing major.

Now, I didn't have a problem with Sean doing it, and I don't have a problem with Archuleta doing it, but I'm just pointing out the inherent hypocracy of some who might be backtracking here...

my feeling exactly.... Since Gibbs praised AA workouts in his press conference, I am sure he's OK with it. AA said he will show up for OTA's.

Ding ding ding. I had no problem with ST staying in Miami last year. He is young, wanted to be in a comfortable place and he needed to be with his family. Not returning Joe Gibb's calls, not so good.

With Archuleta however I do have a slight twinge of a problem. My problem is this. I believe he was brought in to become the QB of the secondary. I think he needs to spend as much time with G dubs and the secondary coaches as possible. Again, I have just a slight problem with it, nothing major.

Bong, Bong, Bong....don't compare Adam Bomb to ST cause you can't. And you'll see that when the season gets here....

Guest amaprius

I even knew about AA's regimen before we signed him....because it is very effective, I almost let him off the hook for it....

However, it does bug me that any player does not want to be with his new team. I think it is important to show your dedication to learning the schemes and timing of your new team and doing teambuilding exercises with them. You can do your own workout along with your team.

Trainers know how to work with each other. They can actually talk with each other and swap ideas. What an amazing idea!...Talking! AA could work out a program with the Redskins if he wanted to but he would rather stay in CA.

It scares me, especially after last year ....when another Redskin safety wanted to work alone he got in trouble legally. That should be a lesson to all team members to show up for offseason workouts.

I even knew about AA's regimen before we signed him....because it is very effective, I almost let him off the hook for it....

However, it does bug me that any player does not want to be with his new team. I think it is important to show your dedication to learning the schemes and timing of your new team and doing teambuilding exercises with them. You can do your own workout along with your team.

It scares me, especially after last year ....when another Redskin safety wanted to work alone he got in trouble legally. That should be a lesson to all team members to show up for offseason workouts.

Yeah good point, so now we have an OTA, an ATV, an APB, a DA and a AA anything else?

I don't like that we just threw all this money at him, and then he doesn't show up for the OTA's. Maybe he'll come later...tough to interpret his agent's message.

Essentially, however, it boils down to him apparently being excused, vs. ST not being excused. Whatever Gibbs's reasons for excusing him, I'll trust JG's judgement here. It may be that this is an extraordinary case that merits his absence, simply because his unconventional workout methods really do make him who he is, and it would be very difficult for him to continue his training method AND attend the OTA's. There could be other factors as well.

Anybody know who else is missing?

Archived