Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

June 1st Cuts?

D'Pablo

Is Renaldo big enough to play defensive tackle? Agree with the rest except Jacobs.
Yes, in fact he has played inside a few times in years past. He will be a solid bacxkup at both D-Line postions and is known as a solid run-stopper. I like Salave'a, especially his ability to get his hands up and disrupt passer's throwing lanes. It should be interesting to see how GW uses these guys, but he has always been know as a coach who rotates lineman. we have a good, deep line that is capable of giving an offense many looks.

Wynn is big enough to play DT. In fact, the coaching staff on Redskins.com TV has explicitly said they were going to try and move him inside on the rotation. I agree that Patten will definitely be here next year. And while there are many valid points to keep Jacobs on the roster money-wise, are we going to simply have the roster room to keep him on?

Renaldo Wynn is gone, his presence wont be missed. He didnt get a sack until week 15 against the cowboys. He wont be missed by me.

Joe "three rings" Gibbs said that wynn would be moved to dt. I like wynn, hes been here for a while and is really a team player.

EDIT: As far as Patten is concerned, he wont be cut. Lets say we get rid of him, and one of our top three wr's gets injured. We're back to where we were last year with Jacobs or thrash being our number three. We arent going to cut patten

Wynn is a solid, dependable, versatile performer. If we lose Evans, we ned Wynn more than ever. Also it appears as though he will be moved to DT with the signing of Carter.

Jacobs has such a low cap hit this year, and he is a decent special teams player, and adds depth to the WR position, that I would not cut him.

Sorry, but I do not see the value in Nemo. I would rather have another "big ugly": OL or DL on the roster. If we have to get down to playing Nemo, that means Portis, Betts and Rcok are all injured. Then in that case the season is a disaster.

:doh:

Your exactly right, teams can cut a player right now and it would still be accounted for as a June 1st cut. It helps the team as well as the player, the player can look for work while teams still have money to spend, rather than wating till June when the money is gone.

Wynn is not going anywhere!!!!!

4 reasons

1. He is a very solid player, he can play outside or inside on the D-Line.

2. GW loves versatile defensive lineman

3. Gibbs loves him

4. The best reason of them all, I like him...:D

A stat book does not tell the story on every football player:point2sky

5. He plays the run realy well.

Nemo would get snatched up by another team if he were to be put on the practice squad, and I think he was drafted with the thought that this will most likely be Betts last year here.

As far as Jacobs, it comes down to roster spots and I don't see him out-performing Thrash or Patten

Your exactly right, teams can cut a player right now and it would still be accounted for as a June 1st cut. It helps the team as well as the player, the player can look for work while teams still have money to spend, rather than wating till June when the money is gone.

Wynn is not going anywhere!!!!!

4 reasons

1. He is a very solid player, he can play outside or inside on the D-Line.

2. GW loves versatile defensive lineman

3. Gibbs loves him

4. The best reason of them all, I like him...:D

A stat book does not tell the story on every football player:point2sky

Amen brother! Although I LOVE fantasy football, we're becoming too stats oriented when the smallest play can have the biggest payoff - 6 points. I always select and play Redskins players and wouldn't give a darn if the only yard Portis gained was for a much needed 1st down during the last drive in a tough game.

I personally love Wynn and feels he's a solid productive starter/backup. For the record folks, the entire defense wasn't all that great with sacks or turnovers, not just Wynn. It became exciting when the core D-line was starting together finally towards the end of the season. We have the best dame defense out there when we play the way we played down the stretch.

I don't think I've been this excited for the beginning of a season since Gibbs (All Hail) first tenure.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS BABY!!

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

DEPTH CHART

QB M. Brunell J. Campbell T. Collins

RB C. Portis L. Betts R. Cartwright

FB M. Sellars N. Broughton M. White Jr.

TE C. Cooley C. Fauria R. Johnson

WR#1 S. Moss B. Lloyd D. Patten

WR#2 B. Lloyd D. Patten A. Randle-El

WR#3 A. Randle-El D. Patten J. Thrash T. Jacobs

LT C. Samuels J. Molinaro

LG D. Dockery T. Walter

C C. Rabach M. Pucillo

RG R. Thomas I. Ndukwe

RT J. Jansen J. Molinaro

LDE P. Daniels N. Clemons

LDT C. Griffin C. Killings A. Jones

RDT R. Wynn J. Salave’a R. Boschetti

RDE A. Carter R. Wynn

SLB M. Washington K. Campbell

MLB L. Marshall R. McCune

WLB C. Clemons J. Sykes

LCB S. Springs C. Rogers A. Jimoh

RCB C. Rogers A. Jimoh(NB) C. Morton D.Patterson

FS S. Taylor P. Prioleau C. Burns

SS A. Archuletta P. Prioleau C. Burns

LS E. Albright

P D. Frost

K J. Hall

TOTAL = 54

Others:

QB C. Bramlet

RB K. Carter, J. Combs, J. Lumsden

TE C. Powell

WR A. Brown, A. Cash, J. Farris, S. Harris, R. Johnson, R. Smith, L. Ward

OL J. Alston, J. Jones, J. Woodard

DE S. Guthrie, K. Riley

LB N. McNeil

CB A. Williams

Sorry, I'm trying to fix this.

This is a projected depth chart for next year. It only includes people currently on our roster. Please also notice that there are 54 players so one will have to be cut/on the practice squad.

A cursory glance shows that our weakest position is CB, followed by LB and OL depth.

I can see Taylor Jacobs being cut easily...not David Patten though. I dont want David Patten to leave anyway.

I also see Taylor Jacobs getting cut he did not show much last year.

I understand he had a injury back in camp last year that slowed him for the season.He did not show up for us when it counted in the late going.

When Patten went down for season Thrash played pretty good then when he got hurt Jacobs did not show up. Thrash can play ST & serve as WR for depth.

Archived