Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stats About Al Saunders

skinfan2k

i think the defense will be greatly improved with al saunders. He will keep the offense on the field much longer and they will fewer 3 and out. I think the defense should be #1 in the nfc, while our offense has the potential to be in the top 5 in the nfl

Our OL was coming strong once we forged our identity, first starting in the Rams game at the start of our Playoff Death March.

When Thomas went down we sucked, of course that is expected. When Roaf went down, the Chiefs offense dropped big time.

Pound for pound we are almost as good as they are. Not to mention 3 of our OL have played together since the start of 2003, and 4 if you count Dockery who got the start midway through.

With another season together and under Bugel and Saunders they can dominate.

I can't wait. :)

If Brunell can replicate the role that Trent Green played in KC, the Skins offense can be what we all hope for. Trent Green, however, is the most underrated QB in the league and has been since he got to KC.

From 2001 to 2005, Trent threw for 20,117 yards and 111 td passes. In Mark Brunell's best 5 season stretch (IMO), he threw for 16,949 yards and 91 td passes. Perhaps you could say that Mark wasn't playing in a system as conducive to Trent's numbers as the KC offense, but the fact still remains that in order for us to experience the same sort of offensive success that KC has recently, Mr. Brunell needs to step his game up to another level. Whether he can do that or not at age 36 remains to be seen.

Brunell put up great numbers last season compared to his career, having gone over 20 tds for the first time ever but Trent averaged that same level of production every year during his time in KC.

I'm not trying to be a pessimist here. I'm excited to see what Al Saunders brings to the table with his track record, but I think that for all of us to expect a Mark Brunell-led offense with the same explosiveness and consistancy as KC's is a little far-fetched. It seems as if all the other pieces are in place, but we will only go as high as Mark can lift us in the end.

This is not to say that we won't have a good offense or that Mark Brunell isn't the right QB for us, I think that we'll be at the least more efficient and consistant than last season. If all the pieces fall into place though (including the offensive line playing near the level KC's has)...hang on, it's gonna be an exciting year!

Hail Skins!

Jethro :helmet:

Archived