Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Brunell take it a little easy this Offseason

Boy2Der

Everyone knows how Mark Brunell did in the beginning of last season and how it all started to run out near the end. With Brunell's age should we try to make the training camp and off-season workouts as easy as possible to keep up his shelf life. Sort of keep him on a Clinton Portis type of off season where he comes in plays the first quarters of the first preseason games and as little as possible near the beginning of the season. I like this idea just for the simple fact that it allows Brunell to be as fresh as possible when the season starts but gives Jason Campbell allot of time to work with the first string and see some game time during the preseason so if Brunell does go down or begins to wear down it will be an even easier transition for Campbell to make to the starting role.

We need to get JC as much experience as possible so i think we should start JC a few preseaon games like #2 and 4.

Also, if we have like a 3 score game in the 4th I think we should stick JC in. Our D is good enough to hold the team to not score at least for a few drives for Jason.

I think they will do their best to carry out the plan you laid out, but al saunders is implementing new aspects to the offense that brunell will have to adjust to. while they are minor because our offenses are very similar it will still take repitition. the most important aspect of this is the rapport between QB and WR. it takes work to develop timing and understanding. this can all be accomplished, but it will be hard with brunell resting all preseason. even though he needs it. i hope campbell turns out to be the real deal.

he should use the offseason as a time of preperation. He should work SO hard in the offseason that he doesn;t have to worry about getting worn out. He should come into this season in the best shape of his life.

Exactly, couldn't have agreed more.

I think what wore Brunell out by the end of the season was the hits he was taking...We have to keep him upright and limit the hits he takes and he will be fine at the end of the season...It wasnt his arm that got tired it was his legs, and body that started to give out...

Although we have the Posse II we have to continue to pound the rock and use play-action b/c that is the best pass protection a QB can ask for...

The running back and QB positions are different. If the running back knows where he's suppose to go, then he's set. The QB has to get his timing down and for Brunell, he has two new guys he has to try and get a repoir with. So no, he should not take it easy during the off season.

he should use the offseason as a time of preperation. He should work SO hard in the offseason that he doesn;t have to worry about getting worn out. He should come into this season in the best shape of his life.

???? yeah best shape of his life! :P come on! just keep it together for another season burnell! your and old man but i got faith. he is one tough son of a b*tch.

The coaches will have Brunell do what they feel is best for Brunell, and it will be the right decision, as our staff know what they are doing. Once any QB is injured, no matter how slightly, their performance is immediately affected ( ala Brunell at the end of last year, McNabb last year, Warner w/ the broken thumb against the Pats in the SB). Brunell will be in great shape this season, as he was last season. The difference this time is he will not be getting hit half as much as he was. Now that we have more than one legitimate WR, other teams won't be able to stack up 8 guys and rush Portis and Brunell. Brunell won't have to scramble out of the pocket waiting on a triple-covered Moss to get open. Brunell is going to have a lot more time in the pocket, and thus, his chances of getting hit and injured drop significantly. Brunell can last the whole season if healthy. As long as our line does their job (which they will) and Portis continues to be the blocking beast that he is (which he will) Brunell is going to be just fine. I can only hope that once we win the SB the Brunell bashers will finally put down their cups of hater-ade so they can close their mouths.

Archived