Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2006 NFC East receivers? You make the call!

TradeTheBeal!

This might be fun. Since TO is in the fold, making the NFC East a haven for big-time WRs - I thought it might be fun to prognosticate about the success of each teams main recieving threats! Included are their 2004 numbers.

Have at It!

BTW, Teams are in predicted order of finish!

Redskins:

Moss - 84 rec 1483 yds 17.7avg 9tds

Lloyd - 48 rec 733 yds 15.3avg 5tds

Cooley - 71 rec 774 yds 10.9avg 7tds.....How did this guy miss the Pro-Bowl?

Cowboys:

Glenn - 62 rec 1136 yds 18.3avg 7tds

Witten - 66 rec 757 yds 11.5avg 6tds

Owens - 47 rec 763 yds 16.2avg 6tds....In seven games!!!

Giants:

Burress - 76 rec 1214 yds 16.0avg 7tds

Toomer - 60 rec 684 yds 11.4avg 7tds

Shockey - 65 rec 891 yds 13.7avg 7tds...This just in - Shockey likes ****ey!

Eagles: (since their starting RB is really a WR and they don't run I'll do 4)

Lewis - 48 rec 561 yds 11.7avg 1tds

Brown - 43 rec 571 yds 13.3avg 4tds

Smith - 61 rec 682 yds 11.2avg 3tds

Westbrk - 61 rec 616 yds 10.1avg 4tds...drafted in 3rd rnd from Eggshell State University

Just throwout an idea of what you think this seasons #s will be for these guys. I'll get mine up in a little bit.

Nice list of receivers. I'm not making a judgement right now on who has the best set until the offseason is completely finished. Right now the Redskins obviously have the most talented set but it remains to be seen what they will accomplish together on the field.

Owens automatically makes the Cowboys that much better. The Eagles, depending on how their depth and roster is, will be very young at receiver. Brown, Gaffney, and Lewis are all still very young. I'm not counting on Pinkston for much. Hard to come back from an achilles tear. The Giants have a nice set with Plax and Shockey. Toomer is just ok, IMO.

All in all the Redskins are the favorites for the best WR set. But how everyone produces on the field will really determine that.

yea i still dont belive cooley didnt make the pro bowl i also thought mike sellers should have made it also mark strong can block yes but so can sellers and the stats were uncomparable he has more touchdowns than any fullback this year from my knowledge one rushing 7 catching sounded pretty pro bowl like 4 a fb 2 me

Starting WRs, the Cowboys in a Landslide. TG is a beast, and will be that much better with TO drawing doubles.

Overall, 1-4, RIGHT NOW, I'll give that to the skins. I really like Crayton for Dallas in the three, but I am not ruling out drafting a wr high or resigning Keyshawn.

I don't know if anyone can touch Witten, Glenn, Owens in the passing games goes though.

Starting WRs, the Cowboys in a Landslide. TG is a beast, and will be that much better with TO drawing doubles.

Overall, 1-4, RIGHT NOW, I'll give that to the skins. I really like Crayton for Dallas in the three, but I am not ruling out drafting a wr high or resigning Keyshawn.

I don't know if anyone can touch Witten, Glenn, Owens in the passing games goes though.

Terry Glenn is due for one of those recurring hammy injuries where he misses 7 games. Let's not just act like it's a given that "TG" will be there catching balls all season. Not the most durable player I've seen.

Dallas. The only clear edge anyone else has is #3 receiver where Randle El is better than the inconsistent Crayton, and maybe Shockey is better than Witten (though it's a toss up). Dallas has the best #1 in the division, the best #2 in the division, and arguably the best TE in the division.

Terry Glenn is due for one of those recurring hammy injuries where he misses 7 games. Let's not just act like it's a given that "TG" will be there catching balls all season. Not the most durable player I've seen.

Are you suggesting that Moss is Cal Ripken?

I'm just going off last season, like you.

TG is many things but he is not a BEAST! A factor, a speedster, a burner, a short-armer, but not a beast.

Santana Moss, however, is a "ruthless gangster superstar"!

Glenn is nothing to be counted on, his numbers tailed off toward the end of the season. You never know what Glenn is gunna give you in a season...maybe 700 yards maybe 1100. The Cowboys offense has the same problem ours does, an inconsistant QB...but without a doubt they have great talent.

Full offensive breakdown as I see it:

The Cowboys arguably have the best trio right now (Skins have best 1-4)... but with TO and TG getting up there in years, I think the Skins still have a HUGE advantage over the next 4 years with their WR core. Giants lack the WR depth and the Eagles have youth but no proven #1 WR.

It's hard to say that there is a dominant TE in the league... Witten, Cooley, Shockey, and LJ are all capable of putting up similar numbers.

QBs... Eagles win hands down with McNabb. Eli probably gets the nod for second (barely) because of his youth and promise, even though he has not been spectacular yet. Bledsoe and Brunell tie for 3rd... both are aging and play at reasonably high levels (Brunell plays more mistake free but has less durability, so it evens out).

Offensive line... Redskins win for having the best current unit (but no depth). Giants and Eagles are a push (Giants are decent, Eagles are solid but have some unproven but promising guys set to step in). Dallas just outright fails, even with their signings (definitely not convinced by Kosier signing).

And, of course, RB. Clinton Portis and Tiki tie for tops... with Portis being younger and a great all-around back (passing, receiving, rushing, and blocking) while Barber has more experience and is a VERY good receiving back with similar rushing skills (less speed and athleticism, more patience behind his blocks). The Eagles fall into third with an average group of RBs with the only high point of having Westbrook putting up #3 WR type stats. The Cowboys are in limbo between Julius Jones and Marion Barber and are pretty inconsistent on the whole... so they get last.

By a landslide?? Come on...Glenn/Witten/Owens may be the best receiving core in the division, but it certainly isn't a huge gap. Can you at least try to be objective Ken? :rolleyes:

I think Glenn (if he can stay healthy) will definitely put up some big numbers with TO on the field, and we all know what TO can do. Bleedsoe is a huge question mark though, and unless you sign a capable backup, there is NOBODY behind him. Romo sits to pee? Give me a break. And before you say it, yes, the same can be said for Brunell. Only our receivers won't throw a hissy fit and destroy the team if they aren't getting the ball enough.

1-4 receivers? Or how they finish in the division?

Dallas. The only clear edge anyone else has is #3 receiver where Randle El is better than the inconsistent Crayton, and maybe Shockey is better than Witten (though it's a toss up). Dallas has the best #1 in the division, the best #2 in the division, and arguably the best TE in the division.

Cooley out performed Witten in almost every statistical category last season. Witten had a better average and one more 20+ yard reception than Cooley. The numbers are pretty close, but Cooley did outperform him. You can't just dismiss him. I know Cooley plays a different position, so if that's what you were thinking when comparing Witten to Shockey, then okay. But if not, Cooley is just as good if not better than Witten (as a receiver).

This might be fun. Since TO is in the fold, making the NFC East a haven for big-time WRs - I thought it might be fun to prognosticate about the success of each teams main recieving threats! Included are their 2004 numbers.

Have at It!

BTW, Teams are in predicted order of finish!

Redskins:

Moss - 84 rec 1483 yds 17.7avg 9tds

Lloyd - 48 rec 733 yds 15.3avg 5tds

Cooley - 71 rec 774 yds 10.9avg 7tds.....How did this guy miss the Pro-Bowl?

Cowboys:

Glenn - 62 rec 1136 yds 18.3avg 7tds

Witten - 66 rec 757 yds 11.5avg 6tds

Owens - 47 rec 763 yds 16.2avg 6tds....In seven games!!!

Giants:

Burress - 76 rec 1214 yds 16.0avg 7tds

Toomer - 60 rec 684 yds 11.4avg 7tds

Shockey - 65 rec 891 yds 13.7avg 7tds...This just in - Shockey likes ****ey!

Eagles: (since their starting RB is really a WR and they don't run I'll do 4)

Lewis - 48 rec 561 yds 11.7avg 1tds

Brown - 43 rec 571 yds 13.3avg 4tds

Smith - 61 rec 682 yds 11.2avg 3tds

Westbrk - 61 rec 616 yds 10.1avg 4tds...drafted in 3rd rnd from Eggshell State University

Just throwout an idea of what you think this seasons #s will be for these guys. I'll get mine up in a little bit.

Cowboys 3rd WR is better then most of the NFC EAST 3RD WR

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492917

2005 11 games played 341 yards 2 td, 6 catches 20 plus yards. not bad for a 7th round pick

20 catches in 11 games is not worth mentioning n the context of this thread

Well to me it is. For the simple fact that he was coming on strong last season until he got hurt. Once he got back from injury the Cowboys O-line was not heathly and things went down hill all around.

This year our O-line has quality back ups and Flozell Adams back.

Archived