Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good FA Candidates: Guard / Center * Protecting QB

GibbssbbiG

1) IMHO:

The numero uno priority at this moment is beefing up the Off. Line. Otherwise, our new investment on WRs will be up in smoke if any one of our OL starter get injured.

When we fail to protect the QB ( MB, JC, TC ) from constant harassments from the opposing Defence, then our QB will not be able to throw to those fleet footed WRs ( SM, RE, BL )

:wish: 2) With that in mind, I wish Gibbs & Co. bring

Steve Neal * Pats * FA Guard for a visit soon, before someone signs him away.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/245401

3) Please tell us who else is your candidate for a real solid backup for Guard & Center?

:feedback:

Jeff Mitchell. There's a thread on here about him somewhere. He's a perfect fit I think.

Isnt he from the Panthers? I read on SI or ESPN that we might be looking at him. I could be wrong, and more then likely I am. I hope we bring in some quality O-line depth. I think Williams can make any hard worker into a decent nickel back, I hope we put our effort into big O-linemen and maybe one more D-linemen.

Stephen Neal is starting material, he isn't meant to be a back-up.

He worked hard as an undrafted free-agent to make it into New England's starting lineup, and he isn't going to sign with a team to "provide quality O-Line depth."

:doh:

My thoughts exactly, I'm willing to bet he'll stay on with the Pats. We'll end up with Jeff Mitchell.

Isnt he from the Panthers? I read on SI or ESPN that we might be looking at him. I could be wrong, and more then likely I am. I hope we bring in some quality O-line depth. I think Williams can make any hard worker into a decent nickel back, I hope we put our effort into big O-linemen and maybe one more D-linemen.

Yes he's from the Panthers, and yes someone reported we were looking at him (I think it was the Post)

Archived