Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trick Plays

mistere

How often do you expect to see some trick plays next year. Both Randle El and Portis can throw the ball. We have adtn'l recievers to go catch them, I think we could see quite a bit of trickery on the offensive side of the ball next year.

Any thoughts?

What would you like to see?

I think the question is, what is Al Saunders history with trick plays? Does he like to run them? No doubt we have the personel to run them. I'm just not sure if that is something AS likes to use. I could see the occasional flee flicker similar to what Gibbs did.

They WILL utilize Randle El's passing ability. I bet they do it early, to keep defenses honest and make them respect the threat. Probably won't use it as often as Pittsburgh did though.

There was a thread started about this a few days back.

I think they have the flexibility to do trick plays...but doubt they will do much of that.....pick special teams to do those trick plays.....the better defensive teams......I think they will stick to there game plan and out hustle/speed there opponents

How often do you expect to see some trick plays next year. Both Randle El and Portis can throw the ball. We have adtn'l recievers to go catch them, I think we could see quite a bit of trickery on the offensive side of the ball next year.

Any thoughts?

Trick plays don't have to be wide-open like the Randel El throw to Ward in the Super Bowl. Two very similar plays were the 2 point conversion the Bucs ran against us in the '99 playoffs and a play I saw in the Holiday Bowl this year (Oregon/Oklahoma). Starting left with misdirection and deceptive option back to the right. Beautiful plays.

Trick plays don't have to be wide-open like the Randel El throw to Ward in the Super Bowl. Two very similar plays were the 2 point conversion the Bucs ran against us in the '99 playoffs and a play I saw in the Holiday Bowl this year (Oregon/Oklahoma). Starting left with misdirection and deceptive option back to the right. Beautiful plays.
i think we will run atleast 2 trick plays a game too see if D's bite on them............but we wont be predictable.

i thought about this. we tended to only use trick plays when we couldn't get the ball to move the way we wanted it to traditionally. seeing as how we are to have a strong offense this season i believe that trick plays will be needed at a minimum. we will definately have some on the menu but i don't see us using them unless the ball just wont move. and it will move! ALL SEASON! :)

Any thoughts?

I would like to see Portis or Randel El throw to Jason Campbell for a TD against the Gnats "new and improved" secondary!!:gaintsuck

Trick plays aren't what makes Al Saunders the best in the NFL at what he does. He's great because he'll call a play once, and then not run it again for four games. You don't know what to expect from him because his offense is predicated on catching the defense off guard. Trent Green was never allowed to audible because the Chiefs felt whatever play Saunders called would work. That kind of confidence leads to success.

Trick plays aren't what makes Al Saunders the best in the NFL at what he does. He's great because he'll call a play once, and then not run it again for four games. You don't know what to expect from him because his offense is predicated on catching the defense off guard. Trent Green was never allowed to audible because the Chiefs felt whatever play Saunders called would work. That kind of confidence leads to success.

That's ridiculous. I've seen Trent Green call audibles. No NFL team is stupid enough to not give their quarterback the opportunity to change the call when necessary(hell, most high school teams aren't either.) When the D is bringing the house, you just can't stick with the 7 step drop All Go. When the defense drops 8 into coverage and rushes three on first or second down, you had better hand that ball off. I'm not talking about hot routes either. Trent wasn't like Peyton Manning out there, but Saunder's is not that inflexible and (I would say- by not allowing any audibles) arrogant

Archived